•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Hello To All

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 PFW525

PFW525

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 01 March 2021 - 11:28 PM

Hello everyone...I just joined and wanted to say hey to all. I look forward to learning about meteorites, as I'm relatively new to the hobby. I've picked up a few specimens and am preparing to go on a hunt in the next week or so. There are some truly amazing things falling out of the sky and I hope I'm fortunate enough to find one........Cheers, Frank

• Glassthrower likes this

#2 Dynan

Dynan

Fly Me to the Moon

• Vendors
  • Loc: NOLA

Posted 01 March 2021 - 11:37 PM

welcome.gif  And keep us posted!

• PFW525 likes this

#3 Jethro7

Jethro7

Surveyor 1

• Loc: N.W. Florida

Posted 01 March 2021 - 11:54 PM

Hello everyone...I just joined and wanted to say hey to all. I look forward to learning about meteorites, as I'm relatively new to the hobby. I've picked up a few specimens and am preparing to go on a hunt in the next week or so. There are some truly amazing things falling out of the sky and I hope I'm fortunate enough to find one........Cheers, Frank

Hello Frank,

Welcome to Cloudy Nights. By the Way you dont happen to be in England some where around Cloucestershire? I have been collecting and finding Metorites sence 1967 when I witnessed a fall and found the Meteorite in Moab Utah.

HAPPY SKIES AND KEEP LOOKING UP Jethro

A few of my favorites

20200721 130703

Edited by Jethro7, 01 March 2021 - 11:57 PM.

• mdowns, Dynan, j.gardavsky and 2 others like this

#4 PFW525

PFW525

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 03 March 2021 - 02:44 AM

Thanks for the welcome to Dynan, I appreciate it.

Thanks also to Jethro7........I'm actually in Henderson, NV...not too far from Moab, UT. Those are some great looking pieces. I have some pretty standard stuff, Sericho, Canyon Diablo, Great Basin, Campo Del Cielo, Chelyabinsk, Imilac, etc. and some NWA unclassifieds. I'm now focusing mainly on Martian and Lunar and have some NWA 13366, 13360 (which are the same), NEA 009, some 11273 lunar, 11788, and Tisserlitine 001. Working on Tissint and Touat 005. This stuff is cool, wish I'd started earlier. Thanks again for the welcome!  Frank

• Dynan likes this

#5 Jethro7

Jethro7

Surveyor 1

Posted 03 March 2021 - 11:47 PM

Thanks for the welcome to Dynan, I appreciate it.

Thanks also to Jethro7........I'm actually in Henderson, NV...not too far from Moab, UT. Those are some great looking pieces. I have some pretty standard stuff, Sericho, Canyon Diablo, Great Basin, Campo Del Cielo, Chelyabinsk, Imilac, etc. and some NWA unclassifieds. I'm now focusing mainly on Martian and Lunar and have some NWA 13366, 13360 (which are the same), NEA 009, some 11273 lunar, 11788, and Tisserlitine 001. Working on Tissint and Touat 005. This stuff is cool, wish I'd started earlier. Thanks again for the welcome!  Frank

Hello Frank,

There are no standard meteorites. They are all very special. Little time capsules of our early Solar system, many have traveled billions of years and billions of miles right to you. Amazing when you think about it. 

• PFW525 likes this

#6 PFW525

PFW525

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 04 March 2021 - 12:18 AM

Hello Frank,

There are no standard meteorites. They are all very special. Little time capsules of our early Solar system, many have traveled billions of years and billions of miles right to you. Amazing when you think about it. 

Ha! You're right, I just meant the stuff pretty much everyone else has. It's ALL amazing

• Jethro7 likes this

#7 Jethro7

Jethro7

Surveyor 1

Posted 04 March 2021 - 07:27 PM

Ha! You're right, I just meant the stuff pretty much everyone else has. It's ALL amazing

Hello Frank,

I understand, I dont have any Martians that I know of but it is really neat to hold  my chunk if our Moon. By far most of my personal finds are common Chondrites and Irons.

• Dynan likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics