•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

CGX-L motor bushing replacement

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CoHPhasor

CoHPhasor

Messenger

• topic starter
  • Loc: San Francisco, CA

Posted 02 March 2021 - 04:54 AM

Hey everyone, I've seen threads here talking about bushings for the motor planetaries that should have NEVER EXISTED in a $3k mount.

Are there recorded sizes or paart numbers?
Anyone took pics/video with instructions on the process?
Now that I finally picked one up, I'm thinking about hedging my bets and either buying/modding some while it's still not hard to buy them, or just buying a pre-modded set if anyone was industrious enough to do this on the side.

Before I hear a ton of crap about it - those bushings, GUARANTEE premature failure, it is not a probability, so I'd rather get ahead of it.

Thanks in advance!

#2 moonrider

moonrider

Viking 1

• Loc: Murphy, NC

Posted 02 March 2021 - 02:55 PM

As a matter of fact I just ordered some more as I am going to do another mount soon. It takes 2 per gearbox, side by side as the bearings only come in 2mm width. The actual size is: OD 8mmX ID 5mm X Width 2mm. Make sure you get ABEC7 type bearings. That code is for High Precision, Close tolerance. Do not get the Ceramic/Delrin(plastic) as they are not high precision. Only get the stainless. Also. You will have to pack the bearings with Super Lube Teflon grease.. 

Output shaft bearings(2 per gearbox):https://www.ebay.com...872.m2749.l2649

Internal output shaft bearing (1 per gearbox):https://www.ebay.com...872.m2749.l2649

Edited by moonrider, 02 March 2021 - 07:45 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics