•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Star Tools users..

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nyairman

nyairman

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: new york

Posted 02 March 2021 - 10:24 AM

My license ended back in Dec 2019 with version 1.6.383. 

I was wondering if you folks with current versions think it is worth upgrading to the newest version.

I see that 1.7.458 is available now. Are there any really good new features with the latest version? Do you folks think an upgrade is worth a new license fee or should I stick

with my older version? Thanks for any input! 

#2 MHamburg

MHamburg

Vanguard

• Loc: Brooklyn, NY/Berkshires, MA

Posted 02 March 2021 - 11:02 AM

I upgraded and found the newest version a lot more sensitive to your controls. Also, I think it is good policy to support Ivo in his development of this powerful and economical program.

Michaelpenny.gif penny.gif

• George Simon, nyairman and Dynan like this

#3 Dynan

Dynan

Fly Me to the Moon

• Vendors
  • Loc: NOLA

Posted 02 March 2021 - 11:44 AM

+1 for MHamburg(ler)'s assessment.

The upgrade maybe isn't necessary, but support of Ivo Jager and Star Tools itself is important to me. It made processing fun!

• nyairman likes this

#4 Ivo Jager

Ivo Jager

Vendor ( Star Tools )

• Vendors
  • Loc: Melbourne, Australia

Posted 02 March 2021 - 06:32 PM

Hi,

StarTools 1.6->1.7 was a rather massive update.

This short video demonstrates what's new vs 1.6;

https://www.youtube....h?v=L2-vdcQGuKI

The full GPU acceleration alone, should be a reason to check out if the new version is worth your while. You can try 1.7 with your current license in "courtesy" mode - it's fully functional including save capability, so you can see if the updates are worth it to you.

The community's monetary support is greatly appreciated and it is a big part of what keeps StarTools going, but at the same time I absolutely understand not everyone has 29 AUD to throw around for the renewal fee without seeing the tangible benefits for themselves - everyone's situation is different and the recent "human malware" has caused a lot of unexpected hardship for some.

Clear skies!

Edited by Ivo Jager, 02 March 2021 - 06:34 PM.

• nyairman and Dynan like this

#5 nyairman

nyairman

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: new york

Posted 02 March 2021 - 07:36 PM

Thanks guys! Ivo, I will check out that video for sure. Thanks for your feedback.

I did not realize the latest release(s) included save capability. Not that it matters a lot to me but, that is a nice feature along with the try b4 u buy option, that Star Tools has offered all along smile.gif .

#6 Ivo Jager

Ivo Jager

Vendor ( Star Tools )

• Vendors
  • Loc: Melbourne, Australia

Posted 02 March 2021 - 11:52 PM

I did not realize the latest release(s) included save capability. Not that it matters a lot to me but, that is a nice feature along with the try b4 u buy option, that Star Tools has offered all along smile.gif .

It only has the save capability if you already have a license. E.g., if you ever got a license for StarTools, you can use it with 1.7 to evaluate the program in full. waytogo.gif

• nyairman and Dynan like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics