•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Carte du Ciel help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gschnettler

Gschnettler

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Cincinnati Ohio

Posted 02 March 2021 - 11:12 AM

Hi.  I am trying to use Carte du Ciel was to create star charts for the first time.  I just need some simple charts for observing tonight.  I downloaded the program, installed and was immediately able to navigate around the sky and set the time to get the view I wanted.  So far so good.  Then I hit print and print preview and it looks as if the text is much too big.  I looked through the documentation and some youtube videos and couldn't figure it out.  Not sure how to fix it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

CdC #3.png

#2 beggarly

beggarly

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Belgium

Posted 02 March 2021 - 11:28 AM

Setup - Display -Labels

Setup - Display - Fonts - Modify

Select smaller font?

Edit: using virtual printer doPDF 10 @ 300 dpi output looks like this:

Attached File  CdC.pdf   164.68KB   6 downloads

Edited by beggarly, 02 March 2021 - 04:46 PM.

• peta62 likes this

#3 alphatripleplus

alphatripleplus

World Controller

• Moderators
  • Loc: Georgia

Posted 02 March 2021 - 12:51 PM

You might get some ideas from this existing topic which deals with a similar issue using CdC.

#4 Patrick Chevalley

Patrick Chevalley

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Vendors

Posted 04 March 2021 - 03:44 AM

It look like the printer driver do not report some metrics in the way CdC expect them.

If you want to help to solve this bug, please open and issue on the CdC bug tracker, specify the printer model and driver you use.

https://www.ap-i.net...hp?project_id=1

To just bypass the problem you can use the printer named "Microsoft XPS Document Writer" instead. This produce a XPS file you can view and print later. The same can be done with a PDF writer but this one do not require to install additional software.

• Jon Isaacs and Waddensky like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics