Ok, so my adventure with this expensive tiny-sensor Cmos camera coming to an end.
I requested an RMA from Highpoint scientific.
Uninstalled reinstalled the cam drivers several times.
It turns out, it's not just me being a complete noob, but it's malfunctioning. Noob + malfunctioning, brand new camera for $640 = big turn off from this hobby.
1. The fan is always on at Maximum, as soon as I plug it in.
2. It cools down the camera, but unable to hold temperature at a set temperature, it aims for maximum cold.
3. QHY's EZCAP is a terrible joke of a software, but regardless it also unable to control the temperature.
4. Sharpcap tries to control it (I hear the fan slow down for 1 second, then picks up again, even if I turn the temp control off)
5. It supposedly have a dew heater in the sensor lens and I supposed to see if it's working. It's not working either.
6. I can barely find any info on this camera, must be highly unpopular or unknown, even on a QHY website it's a pain to find a manual or information.
I'm still in the 30 day warranty so I don't think I should bother with any sort of tinkering, I should just send it back.
Someone has any info on reliability of QHY cameras or whether they are reliable compared to others (they seem to be overpriced for what they are), please let me know.
Edited by unimatrix0, 02 March 2021 - 12:12 PM.