•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Anyone image with TEC 0.9x FRC and 160FL scope?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Peter in Reno

Peter in Reno

Voyager 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Reno, NV

Posted 03 March 2021 - 06:56 AM

I am interested in purchasing TEC 0.9x Focal Reducer Corrector (FRC) to image with my 160FL APO scope. Anyone else image with TEC 0.9x FRC and is 115mm back focus consistent?

Also, what is the field correction size for TEC 0.9x FRC? I understand the field correction size (or imaging circle) for TEC FF is about 51mm, is TEC 0.9x FRC field correction about the same size or a little smaller than TEC FF? My camera is QHY 600M-PH which uses a full frame sensor at 36mm x 24mm (43mm diagonal).

I am a little fed up dealing with a ridiculous short back focus of 78mm with TEC FF and 160FL scope. This TEC FF is really good and gives a pretty flat field image at 78mm back focus but it's difficult to meet a short back focus distance of 78mm with the imaging train equipment I'm interested in purchasing like Optec Sagitta OAG and QHY CFW3 filter wheel.

Thank you,

Peter

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics