•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Mars 3/3/21 tiny and blurry

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GSBass

GSBass

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: South Carolina

Posted 03 March 2021 - 10:10 PM

Mars tonight, mostly just posting because I went to the trouble to take it πŸ˜‚πŸ”­ mars is so tiny now, was lucky to just get contrast, seeing sucked also, ended up using edge detection in sharpcap to focus

Attached Thumbnails

• 30841507-A2BC-4103-9909-AB70CD33A8BA.jpeg

• Sunspot, lukasik, Achernar and 9 others like this

#2 Achernar

Achernar

Voyager 1

• Loc: Mobile, Alabama, USA

Posted 04 March 2021 - 05:32 PM

Mars tonight, mostly just posting because I went to the trouble to take it mars is so tiny now, was lucky to just get contrast, seeing sucked also, ended up using edge detection in sharpcap to focus

Looks like Mars at high power when it's far away. Syrtis Major is clearly visible, but as your image shows, Mars is really too tiny now for good images.

Taras

#3 GSBass

GSBass

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: South Carolina

Posted 04 March 2021 - 06:43 PM

It was cool to try, since I’m mainly a planet and lunar imager I’m in a drought but as Jupiter tracks further out from of sun maybe it won’t be too long before I can find it early in morning for some infrared shots..... as is you can tell it’s mars and identity markings so I guess that’s a win

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics