•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Has anyone changed out stepper focus couplings?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 calypsob

calypsob

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter
  • Loc: Virginia

Posted 04 March 2021 - 10:13 AM

I have noticed alot of stepper couplings on the market from anti backlash to rubber dampening, they can get really expensive too. I have a few autofocus solutions but I prefer the zwo eaf for my setup because of asi air. I have 3 scopes that will use the eaf and its very cumbersome to remove the 2 screws on the coupling to re connect to the other scopes. I also decided to ditch the allan screws that hold the bracket on for m4 thumb screws and now im replacing the couplings with a clamping type variant that only has one screw on each end. This will speed up the process of moving the eaf by alot. Has anyone else swapped out their couplings?

Here is what I ordered. Now I can just leave a coupling on each scope.

Xnrtop 5mm to 6mm Shaft Coupling 25mm Length 20mm Diameter Stepper Motor Coupler Aluminum Alloy Joint Connector for 3D Printer CNC Machine DIY Encoder(Pack of 2) https://smile.amazon...DPPH53ZMJNDSZF8

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics