Last night I got out to do some imaging for the first time in months. I had everything all set up, pointed my scope at M42, and started autoguiding just to see if it would work. It worked flawlessly for 5 minutes with very little deviation. I stopped the autoguiding, repositioned my scope to get a better view of the nebula and started again. This time the autoguiding would go off the chart over and over. I retried it a half dozen times without success. The error message said something about synchronizing the mount speed with PHD2 again. I had no idea what that meant. The hand controller of my G11T mount said the mount was moving at guiding speed the whole time. I am puzzled how to fix that.
I go a few unguided images that weren’t too bad but the mount would start to drift too much after 40- 50 second exposures. I was using my C8 with a .7 focal reducer.