•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Redcat 51 tilt-adjuster

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 betelgeuse91

betelgeuse91

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Posted 04 March 2021 - 10:19 PM

So.. let's suppose I adjusted the screws of the tilt-adjuster that I acquired a good flat-field image. 

Now if I rotate the tilt-adjuster (for different framing angle), will it be off again?

I suppose that it'll be off if I detach and re-attach the camera though, since the relative position of the camera to the tilt-adjuster will be different...

Thanks..!

#2 AnakChan

AnakChan

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Oz

Posted 07 March 2021 - 03:52 AM

I would assume that if tilt has been adjusted and confirmed to be pin-point on all 4 corners of the frame, rotating shouldn't introduce any other tilt.

#3 FlankerOneTwo

FlankerOneTwo

Viking 1

• Loc: Vegas, baby!

Posted 07 March 2021 - 04:41 PM

This depends on where the source of the tilt lies. If the tilt arises from the sensor (i.e. behind the tilt adjuster), then after squaring it up there should be no change in tilt with rotation, assuming that the tilt adjuster rotates perfectly orthogonal to the scope / beam axis.

If on the other hand the tilt actually arises from slight miscollimation of the scope itself (i.e. in front of the tilt adjuster), then the tilt will in fact change as you rotate tilt adjuster.

#4 betelgeuse91

betelgeuse91

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Posted 08 March 2021 - 04:11 PM

This depends on where the source of the tilt lies. If the tilt arises from the sensor (i.e. behind the tilt adjuster), then after squaring it up there should be no change in tilt with rotation, assuming that the tilt adjuster rotates perfectly orthogonal to the scope / beam axis.

If on the other hand the tilt actually arises from slight miscollimation of the scope itself (i.e. in front of the tilt adjuster), then the tilt will in fact change as you rotate tilt adjuster.

I see... I suspect that the tilt is mostly coming from the scope. Because this redcat is showing huge tilt compared to my previous refractor.

Thanks all

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics