•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Rosette... L-Enhance really helps the achro

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sbharrat

sbharrat

Messenger

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: NJ, USA

Posted 04 March 2021 - 10:21 PM

Still working with an Orion ST120 achro, so my stars are usually very bloated until this one. The L-Enhance really helped with my stars. The achro issues probably still clear to the experienced but for me, it's like I got an apo loaner!! lol.gif

Imaging: Orion ST120 (no FF), Canon 1000D 800ISO, L-Enhance

Guiding: Orion 50mm, ASI120mm

Mount: Sirius EQ-G

Lights: 197x180s, darks, flats, bias

Processing: PixInsight

Comments/criticisms/suggestions/pointers always welcome and appreciated. 

c49-feb2021-small.jpg

https://astro.bharra...c49-feb2021.jpg

dcrop -> DBE -> PCC -> MLT denoise -> HTF -> ASINH -> starnet ->

(nebula) TGVDN (masked) -> CURVES (masked)

(stars) CURVES (reduce greenish in stars) -> HTF (dim)

pixmath to recombine

• John Harrington, Poynting, Fernando134 and 11 others like this

#2 jonnybravo0311

jonnybravo0311

Apollo

• Loc: NJ, US

Posted 04 March 2021 - 10:45 PM

The blue wavelengths are cut below like 480nm... which certainly helps to contain the bloat caused by the achro. The L-eXtreme would be even more contained since it's only 7nm around the O3 line - basically eliminating almost all blue.

Nice image of the rose! I'm hoping to get some data on it with my new setup... picking that up tomorrow and so far clear skies are forecast for tomorrow and Saturday nights. I got some time on it last night with my Lumix G9... definitely need a whole lot more integration, but what I got looks pretty decent so far. Basically it was a test run for when I have the new kit :)

• sbharrat likes this

#3 ram812

ram812

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Grants Pass, Oregon. Originally Los Osos/Morro Bay, California

Posted 05 March 2021 - 12:00 AM

Still working with an Orion ST120 achro, so my stars are usually very bloated until this one. The L-Enhance really helped with my stars. The achro issues probably still clear to the experienced but for me, it's like I got an apo loaner!! lol.gif

Imaging: Orion ST120 (no FF), Canon 1000D 800ISO, L-Enhance
Guiding: Orion 50mm, ASI120mm
Mount: Sirius EQ-G
Lights: 197x180s, darks, flats, bias
Processing: PixInsight

Comments/criticisms/suggestions/pointers always welcome and appreciated.

c49-feb2021-small.jpg

https://astro.bharra...c49-feb2021.jpg

dcrop -> DBE -> PCC -> MLT denoise -> HTF -> ASINH -> starnet ->
(nebula) TGVDN (masked) -> CURVES (masked)
(stars) CURVES (reduce greenish in stars) -> HTF (dim)
pixmath to recombine

Great pic! I wonder, did you use an IR/UV cut filter? Not suprised some of these filters can actually improve what can come out of a relatively inexpensive refractor. Keep up the good work! I may try one on my ST80 just to see how they do(OSC). Thanks!

CS, Ralph

#4 petert913

petert913

Aurora

• Loc: Silverton, OR

Posted 05 March 2021 - 12:14 AM

Wow.  Nice tight stars and no purple haze !

• sbharrat likes this

#5 Avgvstvs

Avgvstvs

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Australia

Posted 05 March 2021 - 12:33 AM

Image looks fantastic for an achro

• sbharrat likes this

#6 sbharrat

sbharrat

Messenger

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 05 March 2021 - 08:08 AM

Nice image of the rose! I'm hoping to get some data on it with my new setup... picking that up tomorrow and so far clear skies are forecast for tomorrow and Saturday nights. I got some time on it last night with my Lumix G9... definitely need a whole lot more integration, but what I got looks pretty decent so far. Basically it was a test run for when I have the new kit smile.gif

Yes, I noticed you updated your equipment signature as soon as you placed the order lol.gif

• jonnybravo0311 likes this

#7 sbharrat

sbharrat

Messenger

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 05 March 2021 - 08:17 AM

Great pic! I wonder, did you use an IR/UV cut filter? Not suprised some of these filters can actually improve what can come out of a relatively inexpensive refractor. Keep up the good work! I may try one on my ST80 just to see how they do(OSC). Thanks!

CS, Ralph

Thanks! This is a *unmodded* Canon 1000D... so no additional IR/UV filter needed. But I think even if it was modded, the L-Enhance would cut out the IR/UV too...

• drd715 likes this

#8 F.Meiresonne

F.Meiresonne

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Eeklo,Belgium

Posted 05 March 2021 - 09:15 AM

The L-enhance seems a real nice thing. But you have to work on the stars. In achro this might be an advantage in an apo..well you get blue or even greenish stars...and they are all thesame

I worked on a b-color version  showing the outer Ha regions and the inner cyan OIII/Hb 

I used the L-enhance stack for Luminance about 3 hrs and i used an unmodded OSC stack, aligned them and processed them in Startools.

If you look carefully  starcolors are a bit back, got some white but there are some yellow stars again also, and well still too much little blue ones...

Still got experiment on it, but it looks like a work around for the killed star color with the L-enhance.

Image itself is perhaps less appealing then a full nice red one, but the Rosetta does contain OIII and that is not  fully red..

The L-enhance also cuts back moonlight quite a bit, half of the stack was with a half moon in the sky about 25° from the object, this opens possibilities...

Attached Thumbnails

• HOO_OSC_comb2.jpg

• Ivo Jager and sbharrat like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics