•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Mewlon 210, Non-Invasive Finder Scope Upgrade

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 blackhaz

blackhaz

Vanguard

• topic starter
  • Loc: London, England

Posted 05 March 2021 - 06:09 AM

Hi All,

Planning, weather permit, galaxy hunting with Mewlon 210 this Spring. I have developed astigmatism, so the built-in 7 x 50 finder doesn't work well for me anymore. Given limited options to connect to Mewlon, I came up with this (see photo below) - for a 1.25" eyepiece with enough eye relief or a Dioptrx. It's more or less rigid, but I wonder if anyone came up with a better idea. It's going to be mounted on EM-11. Maybe, side-by-side with a small refractor, but then it will be severely off-balance. If you upgraded your Mewlon's finder, I'd appreciate any hints.

Max

IMG-7280.jpg

• Astrojensen likes this

#2 bobhen

bobhen

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 05 March 2021 - 07:20 AM

Some have added rings to the OTA. I believe that Parallax has rings that will fit. Then finders can be attached to those rings.

If you remove the back plate, I believe the finder base can be removed and a new/different finder base added. I'll have to look at this the next time I remove the back plate to see what would actually work. So maybe others can offer some more definitive information with this approach. 

Bob

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics