•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ASI2600MM-Pro wait time?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 jeffcrilly2

jeffcrilly2

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 05 March 2021 - 06:55 AM

For those of you who have obtained your ZWO ASI2600MM-Pro cameras.... what was the wait time?

(I ordered one of these last week from a reputable and somewhat local stateside retailer and I'm wondering if I need to ping them periodically to find out when I might get the camera... I feel like its a black hole event horizon where my funds go in, but then time slows down.)

thx

-jeff

[Edit] Just noticed the ZWO website says "May be available around April".

Edited by jeffcrilly2, 05 March 2021 - 06:59 AM.

• Hobby Astronomer likes this

#2 OhmEye

OhmEye

Viking 1

• Loc: Western NY Southern Tier

Posted 05 March 2021 - 07:52 AM

Hopefully your reputable retailer doesn't actually charge until they ship. :) Expectation seems to be these IMX571 mono cameras are going to be in high demand for at least a few months until production outpaces demand by enough for them to sit in stock at retailers. I don't think most of have any way to know for sure what the fastest source may turn out to be for any given source.

#3 Rasfahan

Rasfahan

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Hessen, Germany

Posted 05 March 2021 - 09:20 AM

Mine was in stock (Germany, Teleskop-Express). No wait time. Said 6 weeks for the new FW - that is shipped already, too (2 days).

#4 jeffcrilly2

jeffcrilly2

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 05 March 2021 - 06:18 PM

> Hopefully your reputable retailer doesn't actually charge until they ship.

Sadly.. that is not the case.   But I won't get into it. 

-jeff

#5 Der_Pit

Der_Pit

Vanguard

• Loc: La Palma

Posted 06 March 2021 - 06:12 PM

I had ordered the camera from ZWO directly, Jan 6 when it showed up on their site.  Upgraded the order to the new EFW too on Feb 8, when it was announced in their store.  I received both yesterday (shipment to my location is always something like 10 days, so subtract that;  IIRC they shipped it Feb 22).

ZWO also charges on order, but as my bank doesn't pay interest anyhow I couldn't care less tongue2.gif

• AstroCatinfo likes this

#6 Chris Ryan

Chris Ryan

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Flaxton, Qld, Australia

Posted 06 March 2021 - 07:23 PM

I ordered mine through my "local" dealer (Australia) in early February (camera + OAG).  At that time, the ZWO website was saying shipping in March.

I received it Feb 26, which was a nice surprise.

I am still waiting for the new EFW to arrive, so my current setup for testing is cobbling together what I currently have.  Really doesn't matter that  much though since I've had limited time due to weather for any testing.

#7 telfish

telfish

3D Astro Solutions, custom 3D printing for Astrophotography

• Vendors
  • Loc: Adirondack Mountains NY

Posted 06 March 2021 - 07:57 PM

I found them in stock a Woodland hills ordered and had it in 3 days.

#8 EXT64

EXT64

Ranger 4

• Loc: Great Mills, MD, USA

Posted 06 March 2021 - 08:32 PM

Hopefully faster than the QHY. I ordered on Jan 3, and now I'm being told end of April!

#9 Professor2112

Professor2112

Messenger

• Loc: Massachusetts

Posted 06 March 2021 - 10:19 PM

I ordered mine on the last day of the preorder sale(Feb. 28). I too wonder what the wait time will be but I have a feeling it won’t be known until it ships lol.gif   Luckily I’m only a day away from the vendor shipping wise. 

#10 Brule

Brule

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: St. Louis, MO

Posted 07 March 2021 - 10:04 AM

Pre-ordered mine late January from AgenaAstro. Latest info from them is that it will arrive mid-April. We'll see! I already have the new FW at least.

#11 Kaydubbed

Kaydubbed

Mariner 2

• Loc: Kansas City, Missouri

Posted 07 March 2021 - 10:55 PM

I order Feb 25th and OPT told me first week of April.

Realistically I think it will be sooner since I have seen that people who ordered the 2600mm and new EFW in mid Feb just got thiers.

OPT has a tight distribution partnership with ZWO, apparently.

Edited by Kaydubbed, 07 March 2021 - 10:56 PM.

#12 Agena AstroProducts

Agena AstroProducts

Vendor (AGENA AstroProducts)

• Vendors
  • Loc: Los Angeles Area, CA

Posted 08 March 2021 - 03:59 AM

>>Pre-ordered mine late January from AgenaAstro. Latest info from them is that it will arrive mid-April.

All dealers received a few units in early Feb, but nowhere close to the number of pre-orders we had. All of ours went to customers at the front of the queue who had ordered in the first week of Jan. We have tons more on back order, but it is taking ZWO longer than expected to procure sufficient quantities of the sensor from their supplier. As a result, they've pushed back the availability date for the next batch 2 or 3 times already and it now stands at late April/early May as of late last week. Of course, there's no knowing how many cameras we might receive in the next batch either until they actually ship.

Regards,

Manish

AgenaAstro.com

• Hobby Astronomer and bugbit like this

#13 DeanS

DeanS

Aurora

• Loc: Central Kentucky

Posted 08 March 2021 - 02:59 PM

Got my camera a a couple weeks back but still waiting on new 36mm filter wheel and OAG.  Ordered thru OPT and not really happy that they charge card when ordered instead of when item is in stock.

#14 lakerunr

lakerunr

Explorer 1

• Loc: WI

Posted 10 March 2021 - 09:06 AM

I got my new 7x36mm EFW two weeks after ordering direct from ZWO. They do charge credit card right away, too, but they delivered before I expected with no issues.

#15 sheakev

sheakev

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Near Madison Wisconsin

Posted 12 March 2021 - 01:05 PM

>>Pre-ordered mine late January from AgenaAstro. Latest info from them is that it will arrive mid-April.

All dealers received a few units in early Feb, but nowhere close to the number of pre-orders we had. All of ours went to customers at the front of the queue who had ordered in the first week of Jan. We have tons more on back order, but it is taking ZWO longer than expected to procure sufficient quantities of the sensor from their supplier. As a result, they've pushed back the availability date for the next batch 2 or 3 times already and it now stands at late April/early May as of late last week. Of course, there's no knowing how many cameras we might receive in the next batch either until they actually ship.

Regards,

Manish

AgenaAstro.com

Manish,

Thanks for the update.  I have received (at the post office to be picked up) the new filter wheel.  I have my filters, but I guess I have a long wait for the camera.  I ordered the camera and EFW from you but didn't order the camera soon enough (my fault for hesitating).

Hope ZWO has no further slippage.

Kevin

#16 Chris Ryan

Chris Ryan

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Flaxton, Qld, Australia

Posted 12 March 2021 - 05:46 PM

My EFW arrived a couple days ago and I've put it all together (bolted all the items - nicely solid).  Might have some spacing issues, but I'm hoping the weather holds today so I can test tonight.  I think it was a bit under a month from EFW order to receiving the item. 

#17 Professor2112

Professor2112

Messenger

Posted 12 March 2021 - 11:08 PM

Reading these posts I feel like ordering the last day of preorder, I’m going to be looking at June-August for actual delivery lol.gif bawling.gif unless I get lucky.. has anyone heard anything from high point (where I ordered from) about when they might get a shipment? I’m anxiously awaiting.. but at the same time I’m prepared for a long wait. Hoping for the best though!

#18 thekubiaks

thekubiaks

Vostok 1

Posted 13 March 2021 - 01:25 AM

Direct from ZWO usually takes two to three weeks.

#19 const

const

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: WA

Posted 16 March 2021 - 01:16 AM

has anyone heard anything from high point (where I ordered from) about when they might get a shipment? I’m anxiously awaiting.. but at the same time I’m prepared for a long wait. Hoping for the best though!

I did the same. I ordered out of stock items from them a couple of times before. Both times they shipped faster than answered my emails. This time I just crossed my fingers and try not to think about it too much :)

#20 Professor2112

Professor2112

Messenger

Posted 16 March 2021 - 09:55 AM

I did the same. I ordered out of stock items from them a couple of times before. Both times they shipped faster than answered my emails. This time I just crossed my fingers and try not to think about it too much smile.gif

Haha yeah that’s what I figured would happen.. just hope it doesn’t turn into what happened with the edge HD 8”... I ordered one august 2020 and was told 2-3 weeks to ship.  Over 4 months later with no end in sight, I’d saved up more for ap, as well as get myself an asi294mc pro.  So I decided to swap my order to the 8”rasa instead which was my first choice anyway but couldn’t quite swing the extra cost back then, plus I only had dslrs.  I’m very happy with the decision as my real first light was this past Saturday and even though I only got 97 mins worth of data I was amazed how well the heart turned out. My point is, I already have a nice imaging rig setup, so it’s not like I NEED the camera and can still produce nice images without.  It’ll be really awesome when it does arrive and I can start taking luminance data on some targets to combine with rgb from the color camera. 

As far as I know, the latest estimate on the edge HD’s are for August. 2-3 weeks would have turned into over a year!shocked.gif  The rasa arrived in under two weeks!

#21 Professor2112

Professor2112

Messenger

Posted 03 April 2021 - 10:33 AM

So this may or may not be good news to you guys waiting on this camera.  My wife noticed our local dealer in Long Island, NY was showing a 2600mm in stock!  We assumed it was in error, but to be sure I called this morning right at 10am when they opened.. sure enough, they have one!!  So needless to say, I canceled my order I’ve been waiting on for a month, ordered it from them, and now I’m on my way to pick it up right now!  I asked how they managed to have one in stock because everyone else is waiting on them and has no idea when they’ll be available.  They told me they get a shipment from ZWO every two weeks and I guess they’ve been able to keep a slow but steady supply going.  They were the reason I got my cem70 the day after ordering it last fall. They actually had one in stock!  They’re a small store in Long Island, NY called camera concepts and telescope solutions.  The owner Jeff is there pretty much every day and he deals with customers directly, so if you want to give it a try and see when their next shipment is due, it’s a very good option!  They’re out of stock now since I kind of bought the last one they had, but he made it sound like it wouldn’t be too long until he got more. Worth a try!

#22 xonefs

xonefs

Mariner 2

Posted 03 April 2021 - 01:15 PM

So this may or may not be good news to you guys waiting on this camera.  My wife noticed our local dealer in Long Island, NY was showing a 2600mm in stock!  We assumed it was in error, but to be sure I called this morning right at 10am when they opened.. sure enough, they have one!!  So needless to say, I canceled my order I’ve been waiting on for a month, ordered it from them, and now I’m on my way to pick it up right now!  I asked how they managed to have one in stock because everyone else is waiting on them and has no idea when they’ll be available.  They told me they get a shipment from ZWO every two weeks and I guess they’ve been able to keep a slow but steady supply going.  They were the reason I got my cem70 the day after ordering it last fall. They actually had one in stock!  They’re a small store in Long Island, NY called camera concepts and telescope solutions.  The owner Jeff is there pretty much every day and he deals with customers directly, so if you want to give it a try and see when their next shipment is due, it’s a very good option!  They’re out of stock now since I kind of bought the last one they had, but he made it sound like it wouldn’t be too long until he got more. Worth a try!

Yes I ordered one from camera concepts last Monday and it arrived yesterday- someone posted a thread here saying they had them and it shocked me they did. looks like you may have gotten the last one

• Professor2112 likes this

#23 Professor2112

Professor2112

Messenger

Posted 03 April 2021 - 06:05 PM

Yes I ordered one from camera concepts last Monday and it arrived yesterday- someone posted a thread here saying they had them and it shocked me they did. looks like you may have gotten the last one

It was really cool to see their store!  I’ve never seen an astronomy shop before it’s definitely my adult toy store!  Wish it wasn’t 2.5hrs away!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics