•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

First Image with my new camera ASI294mm Pro

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ballyhoo

Ballyhoo

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter
  • Loc: San Diego

Posted 07 March 2021 - 05:12 PM

There are some mistakes here, for example, I realized after according to my fits data my light, darks and bias are gain 129 and the flats are 139, however the field seems flat enough.  took a while to proc in PI as each file is a whopping 91.3 megabytes so with my laptop calibration and registration processes chug along like an early steam train.  These were un-binned for higher resolution as would be the binning of choice for galaxy season. I think the Bodes duo is a simple target to get a good image from, but a rather challenging target to make exceptional.  For to to do so I would again likely draw back my integration time, and of course pile on more data. In any case this was more a casual shakedown session w my new camera.

I am thinking maybe 240 second lights is saturating the well, as there are no star colors here.  I likely will draw my lights down to 180 seconds.

Ballyhoo always welcomes C&C.

Full image:

https://www.astrobin.com/6rddsb/B/

Attached Thumbnails

• bodes 294mmpr.png

Edited by Ballyhoo, 07 March 2021 - 05:13 PM.

• jim kuhns, Hobby Astronomer, Astrovetteman and 3 others like this

#2 Ballyhoo

Ballyhoo

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter

Posted 07 March 2021 - 05:20 PM

Here is a L light frame, 240 seconds. Yes there appears to be some vignetting. Maybe larger filters would fix this. Not sure yet.  Seems to proc out ok though.

Attached Thumbnails

• BODES 294mmPro LIGHT FRAME.jpg

Edited by Ballyhoo, 07 March 2021 - 05:21 PM.

#3 meansrt

meansrt

Mariner 2

Posted 07 March 2021 - 05:31 PM

Great image! I just shot the same target with the same camera at 2x2 binning and I also had stars without color when I integrated it all. I found that using the "Increase Star Color" action in the Astrophography Tools action set for photoshop went a long way to getting the color back into the stars. I applied it maybe 2 or 3 times before I was satisfied. I'm not sure if you use Ps but if you do that would help. See my image here: https://astrob.in/l79p9v/0/ 

• Ballyhoo likes this

#4 Ballyhoo

Ballyhoo

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter

Posted 07 March 2021 - 05:49 PM

Great image! I just shot the same target with the same camera at 2x2 binning and I also had stars without color when I integrated it all. I found that using the "Increase Star Color" action in the Astrophography Tools action set for photoshop went a long way to getting the color back into the stars. I applied it maybe 2 or 3 times before I was satisfied. I'm not sure if you use Ps but if you do that would help. See my image here: https://astrob.in/l79p9v/0/ 

thanks, your link is not working though.

#5 Ballyhoo

Ballyhoo

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter

Posted 07 March 2021 - 05:52 PM

I just ordered the Antila SHO filters for this camera. I am on the fence about which LRGB to order, or whether w LRGB it really matters that much. 

#6 meansrt

meansrt

Mariner 2

Posted 07 March 2021 - 06:00 PM

thanks, your link is not working though.

https://www.astrobin...l79p9v/?nc=user whoops try this

#7 Ballyhoo

Ballyhoo

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter

Posted 07 March 2021 - 09:00 PM

how do you get a color image only using an HA? 

#8 meansrt

meansrt

Mariner 2

Posted 07 March 2021 - 09:07 PM

how do you get a color image only using an HA? 

It's not just Ha it's LHaRGB

• Ballyhoo likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics