•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Question about 8se Aux. Connections

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Son of Norway

Son of Norway

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 07 March 2021 - 10:38 PM

I have a quick question.  I have the 8se with the focuser, SkyPortal and now the StarSense.  I have an aux. port splitter.  The mount has one aux port and one guide port.  What is the best way to connect the 3 devices?  Thank you, Miles

#2 mlord

mlord

Apollo

• Loc: Ottawa, Canada

Posted 08 March 2021 - 07:59 AM

Add a second splitter.  They can be daisy chained up to a point.

Note that the 8se mount has TWO aux ports:  the second one normally has the hand-controller plugged into it.

Edited by mlord, 08 March 2021 - 07:59 AM.

#3 Son of Norway

Son of Norway

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 08 March 2021 - 04:57 PM

OK, I see that there was another post on the same issue.  I now understand that the hand controller also has an aux. port.  I surmise that if I am using SkyPortal or CPWI for telescope control, I can do without the handset, and use that port for one of the other devices, there is no need for the hand controller to be connected or used.  Help me out if I am wrong on this.  Thanks,  Miles

#4 mlord

mlord

Apollo

• Loc: Ottawa, Canada

Posted 08 March 2021 - 07:32 PM

You'll want to keep the hand controller, well.. "handy" for when other technology fails you in the field.  But it doesn't need to be plugged in when using WiFi.

• TomDiego likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics