•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

what could be wrong w my laptop: no connection to Ioptron mount

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#51 Peter in Reno

Peter in Reno

Voyager 1

• Loc: Reno, NV

Posted 09 March 2021 - 09:56 AM

Congrats but you will never know what went wrong in the first place and it would have a simple repair. It's time consuming to unnecessarily reinstall everything including profiles.

Latest version 5.75 of iOptron didn't work? It's designed for latest ASCOM 6.5SP1. Very strange.

Edited by Peter in Reno, 09 March 2021 - 10:00 AM.

#52 Ballyhoo

Ballyhoo

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter
  • Loc: San Diego

Posted 09 March 2021 - 01:04 PM

Congrats but you will never know what went wrong in the first place and it would have a simple repair. It's time consuming to unnecessarily reinstall everything including profiles.

Latest version 5.75 of iOptron didn't work? It's designed for latest ASCOM 6.5SP1. Very strange.

yeah go figure.    I think though Peter something just went off kilter on the first install of ASCOM 6.5 so, after a day pf wasted resources when I should have been doing other things, I just had to burn the house down so to speak.  I am not sure what to think about the 5741 driver being the only workable version.

edit but it is a relief to have my designated laptop free for astronomy. Now going on to fry some other fish. 

Edited by Ballyhoo, 09 March 2021 - 01:05 PM.

• CoHPhasor likes this

#53 Sam Danigelis

Sam Danigelis

Viking 1

• Loc: Excelsior Springs, MO

Posted 22 June 2021 - 03:34 PM

I had the same issue; iOptron Commander message "cannot find any supported iOptron devices."  After reading this thread, I downloaded the proper FTDI chipset drivers (for USB to Serial).

It took a few minutes to determine the proper driver for Windows 8.1, but once I did this, everything connects with no problems.  Thanks again to those of you who contributed.  CN is great.

#54 alphatripleplus

alphatripleplus

World Controller

• Moderators
  • Loc: Georgia

Posted 23 June 2021 - 08:01 AM

Moving from Mounts to Astronomy Software & Computers for a better fit.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics