•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Is the ZWO ASI 183 MC-Pro Suitable for ZS61?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sanyahun

Sanyahun

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 08 March 2021 - 04:49 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm still a newbie and currently using a Canon 60D what I wish to change and since I found a used 183 MC-Pro online, only 6 month old for a good price. I'm interested if the camera will serve me well or not?

I'm mostly interested in shooting nebulas and galaxies with a ZenithStar 61 II APO.

I checked it on astronomy.tools CCD Suitability Calculator and looked around, but I know there is much more to it.

If I understand correctly with a short focal length I will be okey after I figure out the good values for gain, temperature, etc. 

Thanks

• PirateMike likes this

#2 imtl

imtl

Gemini

• Loc: Down in a hole

Posted 08 March 2021 - 04:57 AM

The IMX183 sensors with the 2.4um pixels work well with short focal length scopes.

• PirateMike likes this

#3 Sanyahun

Sanyahun

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 08 March 2021 - 04:58 AM

The IMX183 sensors with the 2.4um pixels work well with short focal length scopes.

Was hoping for this response :D thank you

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics