•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Plate solve/reframing object from previous night?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 spacemunkee

spacemunkee

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter
  • Loc: Cincinnati, Ohio

Posted 08 March 2021 - 10:40 AM

Read some things a while back about it, but not really finding now what I believe I had read. I believe Nina can do this, but just reading up on and possibly moving over to it in the future.

At present I'm just using Sharpcap/Astro Tortilla/CDC with Eqmod/ascom of course.

Is there a way to load a frame from previous night into whatever(other program possibly?) and solve to get back spot on instead of looking at my saved frame and eyeballing my live view close enough.

I know this framing question has been asked a million times, but not really finding my answer upon browsing over several postings having to do with it.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

#2 rhart426

rhart426

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Southeastern Pennsylvania

Posted 08 March 2021 - 10:44 AM

Yes, you can plate solve any image you take or find anywhere and it'll return the coordinates for the center of the image.  You can feed these to the program and point your scope at that precise spot.  Most plate-solvers also allow you to feed it the image directly, which it will then solve and move your scope to it.

• spacemunkee likes this

#3 spacemunkee

spacemunkee

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter

Posted 08 March 2021 - 10:48 AM

Yes, you can plate solve any image you take or find anywhere and it'll return the coordinates for the center of the image. You can feed these to the program and point your scope at that precise spot. Most plate-solvers also allow you to feed it the image directly, which it will then solve and move your scope to it.

Ok, so it's just a matter of going directly into Astro Tortilla and doing the necessary things there? I just always solve through Sharpcap tool.

#4 P_Myers

P_Myers

Vendor (Optical Structures)

• -----
  • Vendors

Posted 08 March 2021 - 11:05 AM

Have a look at ASTAP
  • spacemunkee likes this

#5 spacemunkee

spacemunkee

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter

Posted 08 March 2021 - 11:14 AM

Have a look at ASTAP

Looks like what I need. Thanks! Case closed! laugh.gif

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics