•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Losmandy Gemini L4

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Benjamin B

Benjamin B

Apollo

• topic starter
  • Loc: Sweden

Posted 09 March 2021 - 03:43 AM

Hi everyone!

I have search the internet, but there are so much info, and difficult to know what to look for. I really want to start with astrophotography with my G11 Gemini 1 L4. I do not know what will work together with this setup. Anyone imaging successfully and want to share with what equipment you are using?

Software: N.I.N.A ?, AMT? PHD 2?

Guidescope/Guide Camera?

CMOS camera?

Ect.

There are so much to lurn, and not sure where to start.

#2 Alex McConahay

Alex McConahay

Voyager 1

• Loc: Moreno Valley, CA

Posted 09 March 2021 - 09:05 AM

My backyard observatory (G11) and my portable rig (GM8) both use Gemini 1, L 4.

I connect to my computer through ASCOM and control the session with SGP. I guide with PHD2.

But I should say, that you should be able to use almost any software with it (although I hear some of the DC3 stuff and Gemini do not get along at times).

I like SGP, but NINA, Prism, CCD Commander, Navigator-------I cannot imagine much that does not work well, once you have ASCOM set up and have the RS232 connection to the mount. 

Alex

#3 Benjamin B

Benjamin B

Apollo

• topic starter
  • Loc: Sweden

Posted 10 March 2021 - 04:02 AM

That is great to know!

First time I read about SGP, I will look in to that. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics