•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Craigslist, eBay and other vintage, classic telescope ads

• Please log in to reply
328 replies to this topic

#326 apfever

apfever

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Colorado

Posted Yesterday, 11:41 PM

Heyyyyy....I know the ogopogo, I know Penticton!  Mum's side.

#327 ogopogo

ogopogo

Lift Off

Posted Today, 12:23 AM

Heyyyyy....I know the ogopogo, I know Penticton!  Mum's side.

I'm jealous! I have been interested in the beauty of the Okanagan Valley since I was young. Guess I'm naturally drawn to cryptids and palindromes. Would be a haul these days with the fam from Dallas, Texas.

Something is tugging at me to take a crack at this scope, but I know nothing about it: https://www.ebay.de/itm/324567918499

The optics geometry seem to be more than just a basic reflector. I'm not sure what you would call that setup. Then there's the eyepiece whirly-gigga-ma-thingy out back, and the extra long guidescope.

Ends in 1 day, 22 hours... any insights out there you care to share? I don't mind paying crazy shipping if an item is interesting enough.

#328 harbinjer

harbinjer

Viking 1

• Loc: Southeastern Minnesota

Posted Today, 01:40 AM

Celestron Comet Catcher $40 in Kansas City. Comes with a 26mm Silvertop and 18mm + 5mm orthos.

I would love that. But it's a 6 hour drive.  Anybody live close that would want to help it find a good home here?

#329 AstroKerr

AstroKerr

Apollo

• Loc: Page, AZ 36°54'45"N 111°27'39"W 1327.7AMSL

Posted Today, 02:59 AM

I'm jealous! I have been interested in the beauty of the Okanagan Valley since I was young. Guess I'm naturally drawn to cryptids and palindromes. Would be a haul these days with the fam from Dallas, Texas.

Something is tugging at me to take a crack at this scope, but I know nothing about it: https://www.ebay.de/itm/324567918499

The optics geometry seem to be more than just a basic reflector. I'm not sure what you would call that setup. Then there's the eyepiece whirly-gigga-ma-thingy out back, and the extra long guidescope.

Ends in 1 day, 22 hours... any insights out there you care to share? I don't mind paying crazy shipping if an item is interesting enough.

Cass. turret. A bit extended. porro at the turret (i think) and on the finder. Spoked focuser knob - cute - made me think "gloves" & "tundra". Might be for flora/fauna monitoring - erect images would come in handy, geologic survey / monitoring. Tempting at that price even with shipping. You could sit somewhat safely on the shore and search for N’ha-a-itk.

Edited by AstroKerr, Today, 07:23 AM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics