•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Alternative to Baader F/2 filters?

Astrometry Astrophotography
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ArandomPilot

ArandomPilot

Vostok 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Winter Park, Colorado

Posted 03 April 2021 - 03:07 AM

Since I plan to get an F/2 Hyperstar system with my future imaging rig, I plan to do narrowband imaging with it as well as broadband. I know baader F/2 filters are probably the best on the market (hence their high price), but I want to know if I can find filters with similar performance without the high price tag.  

#2 pyrasanth

pyrasanth

Skylab

Posted 03 April 2021 - 04:45 AM

The Baader high speed filters are not terribly expensive when compared with comparable options such as the Astronomik ranges. I think you will stuggle to find cheaper options- it's somewhat of a captive market priced to what people are prepared to pay.

#3 ArandomPilot

ArandomPilot

Vostok 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Winter Park, Colorado

Posted 03 April 2021 - 09:22 AM

The Baader high speed filters are not terribly expensive when compared with comparable options such as the Astronomik ranges. I think you will stuggle to find cheaper options- it's somewhat of a captive market priced to what people are prepared to pay.

I was thinking more along the lines of a wider bandpass like 12nm.

#4 Simon D.

Simon D.

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Canada

Posted 04 April 2021 - 05:32 AM

Since I plan to get an F/2 Hyperstar system with my future imaging rig, I plan to do narrowband imaging with it as well as broadband. I know baader F/2 filters are probably the best on the market (hence their high price), but I want to know if I can find filters with similar performance without the high price tag.  

Astronomik is making a new MaxFR line for fast systems.  My retailer says he expects he can get some in 2-3 weeks. I plan to get some for my RASA 8. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Astrometry, Astrophotography

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics