•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

NEAF 2021 Virtual Event

Accessories Astrophotography Beginner Binoculars Cassegrain Equipment Eyepieces Star Party Reflector Refractor
  • Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 nPAE

nPAE

Vendor - nPAE Precision Astro Engineering

• -----
  • Vendors
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Nottingham, United Kingdom

Posted 03 April 2021 - 06:31 AM

Dear All,

NEAF, the world's largest astronomy and space expo, is back on the 10th April 10am – 8pm EST and is free to watch online!

https://www.neafexpo.com/

• Bill Jensen, George N, Illinois and 2 others like this

#2 PhilA

PhilA

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 07 April 2021 - 01:11 PM

Does anyone know if the NEAF presentations on Saturday will be recorded for watching later?

#3 RyanSem

RyanSem

Apollo

• Loc: Lancaster, PA

Posted 10 April 2021 - 07:42 AM

Been looking forward to this!

#4 ilovecomets

ilovecomets

Vanguard

• Loc: Pioneer Valley

Posted 10 April 2021 - 09:12 AM

YES!

#5 vkhastro1

vkhastro1

Apollo

• Loc: Vankleek Hill, Ontario, Canada

Posted 10 April 2021 - 09:17 AM

No luck so far: 

Just says NEAF 2021 will begin in 8:43 - been like that since 10AM.

#6 vkhastro1

vkhastro1

Apollo

Posted 10 April 2021 - 09:23 AM

Now it says states in over 37 minutes 

What’s up ??

#7 Napp

Napp

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Northeast Florida, USA

Posted 10 April 2021 - 09:25 AM

On YouTube click on “NEAF Talks”.  That got me in.

#8 vkhastro1

vkhastro1

Apollo

Posted 10 April 2021 - 09:33 AM

Thanks ! Success !

#9 skybsd

skybsd

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 10 April 2021 - 11:40 AM

Are there actually any vendor deals at NEAF? scratchhead2.gif scratchhead2.gif scratchhead2.gif

I went to the "Click on these links for amazing NEAF vendor deals" section next to the "NEAF VENDOR SPECIALS" banner atop a table of vendor image links. Each vendor / manufacturer image merely redirects to their respective website homepages - none of which mention anything about NEAF-related (or any) "deals".., 

Or, am I missing something? 

skybsd 

Edited by skybsd, 10 April 2021 - 11:41 AM.

#10 RyanSem

RyanSem

Apollo

• Loc: Lancaster, PA

Posted 10 April 2021 - 12:19 PM

Are there actually any vendor deals at NEAF? scratchhead2.gif scratchhead2.gif scratchhead2.gif

I went to the "Click on these links for amazing NEAF vendor deals" section next to the "NEAF VENDOR SPECIALS" banner atop a table of vendor image links. Each vendor / manufacturer image merely redirects to their respective website homepages - none of which mention anything about NEAF-related (or any) "deals".., 

skybsd 

Looks like a couple of the ads stated there were NEAF specials inside, but it's not too many. I guess it's harder to give a discount over the internet than a paid in-person event. 

Raffle prizes look cool! I bought a handful of entries.  

#11 Dave Mitsky

Dave Mitsky

ISS

• Moderators
  • Loc: PA, USA, Planet Earth

Posted 10 April 2021 - 12:20 PM

Live streaming of NEAF 2021

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=AhFks5v3Mew

• George N likes this

#12 skybsd

skybsd

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 10 April 2021 - 12:21 PM

Looks like a couple of the ads stated there were NEAF specials inside, but it's not too many. I guess it's harder to give a discount over the internet than a paid in-person event. 

Indeed, shame.., 

Best.., 

skybsd 

#13 Mike Franzyshen

Mike Franzyshen

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Somerset, NJ

Posted 10 April 2021 - 12:30 PM

The audio for the virtual event is really inconsistent among different segments.  Looking forward to 2022 to attend the in-person event!

• galaxyman and atan like this

#14 George N

George N

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Binghamton & Indian Lake NY

Posted 10 April 2021 - 12:47 PM

skybsd 

Camera Concepts just said "10% off on all ZWO cameras" - I believe this also applies to Celestron accessories - but you will have to check that one. <<no idea how long this deal lasts >>

#15 skybsd

skybsd

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 10 April 2021 - 12:58 PM

Camera Concepts just said "10% off on all ZWO cameras" - I believe this also applies to Celestron accessories - but you will have to check that one. <<no idea how long this deal lasts >>

Are you perhaps referring to information mentioned via a live streamed broadcast?

"Camera Concepts" isn't even listed under the "NEAF VENDOR SPECIALS" section, nor are there any NEAF-related "deals" mentioned anywhere on the web page the Celestron image redirects to. 

skybsd 

• George N likes this

#16 The Ardent

The Ardent

Fly Me to the Moon

• Moderators
  • Loc: Virginia

Posted 10 April 2021 - 01:13 PM

This is the best I can do since virtual. 
From Neaf  2018

Attached Thumbnails

• 626EA75E-0791-4D08-B316-71DB22D42A95.jpeg

• Dave Mitsky, peleuba, George N and 2 others like this

#17 fiston

fiston

Explorer 1

Posted 10 April 2021 - 01:21 PM

I remember looking through your scope @NEAF 2018,  and it got me hooked to Solar!
Thanks

Fiston

• George N and The Ardent like this

#18 waso29

waso29

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Chi-Town, mother earth

Posted 10 April 2021 - 03:28 PM

Nice behind the scenes video from Daystar [Made in USA]

Pleasantly surprised CC offering 15% off sale.

• George N likes this

#19 starbuckin

starbuckin

Ranger 4

Posted 10 April 2021 - 04:15 PM

I was disappointed. Lots of great astronomical news this year, but it was all NASA astronauts reminiscing.

I would have preferred some rundowns of Mars missions, Venus phosphine discussions, new up and coming telescopes (James Webb, Vera Rubin), black holes...you know, astronomy.

• RobTeeter and galaxyman like this

#20 Stevegeo

Stevegeo

Viking 1

• Loc: Otisco lake. Marietta NY 13110

Posted 11 April 2021 - 07:17 AM

I remember looking through your scope @NEAF 2018,  and it got me hooked to Solar!
Thanks

Fiston

I was disappointed. Lots of great astronomical news this year, but it was all NASA astronauts reminiscing.

I would have preferred some rundowns of Mars missions, Venus phosphine discussions, new up and coming telescopes (James Webb, Vera Rubin), black holes...you know, astronomy.

Being virtual, NOTHING .. I MEAN NOTHING LIKE BEING THERE .  

Yes an impressive scope ,  a huge wow for me , as I have never seen a private owned refractor that large before .

back to NEAF,  

The experience if just BEING THERE , meeting everyone , the discussions , the sales ...all of it .. I miss that . . 

I SINCERELY HOPE NEXT YEARS NEAF IS LIVE... 

• George N and rowdy388 like this

#21 galaxyman

galaxyman

Vendor - Have a Stellar Birthday

• Vendors
  • Loc: Fleetwood, Pa

Posted 11 April 2021 - 11:22 AM

I highly agree, as NEAF stands for Northeast Astronomy Forum, and not Northeast Aeronautics Forum. Just not my personal interest.

Karl

E.O.H.

Chesmont Astronomical Society - www.chesmontastro.org
Galaxy Log - www.youtube.com/user/GalaxyLog4565
Galaxy Log Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/galaxylog
Telekit (Swayze optics) 22" F/4.5 Dob
Homemade (Parks Optics) 12.5" F/4.8 Dob
Orion UK 12" f/4 Dob
Bresser 8.2" f/3.9 newt.
High Point GSO 6" f/5 newt.
Meade LX85 120mm (4.72”) f/5.8 refractor
E.S. FirstLight 102mm f/6.47 refractor.

Celestron 10x60mm Binos 

• RobTeeter and t1duplex like this

#22 John Fitzgerald

John Fitzgerald

In Focus

• Loc: near Elkins and Pettigrew, Arkansas

Posted 11 April 2021 - 11:35 AM

Being virtual, NOTHING .. I MEAN NOTHING LIKE BEING THERE .  

Yes an impressive scope ,  a huge wow for me , as I have never seen a private owned refractor that large before .

back to NEAF,  

The experience if just BEING THERE , meeting everyone , the discussions , the sales ...all of it .. I miss that . . 

I SINCERELY HOPE NEXT YEARS NEAF IS LIVE... 

It's much easier and way less logistics involved to put on a virtual event.  My take is that it will remain virtual.

#23 George N

George N

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 11 April 2021 - 11:39 AM

Wow! I won the "Vesta Rock" in the raffle!

In celebration -- I will offer - for a limited time -- free rocks from my back yard -- but you have to come over and pick them up yourself!  cool.gif

• John Boudreau and kreegan99 like this

#24 ac4lt

ac4lt

Viking 1

• Loc: Shenandoah Valley

Posted 11 April 2021 - 11:46 AM

I enjoyed the talks but the audio ranged from super quiet to loud and that was in the same presentation. Wish they had spent some time doing some audio post processing since these were all pre-recorded. 

Looking forward to being at NEAF and NEAIC in person next year!

• George N likes this

#25 George N

George N

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 11 April 2021 - 11:56 AM

It's much easier and way less logistics involved to put on a virtual event.  My take is that it will remain virtual.

?????

That's not the announced plan.

It may be easier to do 'virtual' -- but -- I saw like far less than 400 people streaming the event when I was watching - a far cry from the thousands who normally attend in person, ( plus those who still only watched on-line) - and I bet it was a lot less "valuable" to the vendors/makers as the "world-wide astro-product show" - no sales, no big 'splash' to present new products, no 'excitement', no big adds in the astro magizines, no "free party" for the vendors put on by Sky & Tel in the evening -- no chance to 'rub sholders' with the 'famous' or long-lost friends, no money going to the locals for hotels, security, meals, etc -- no NEAIC - always a big $$ draw...... for the hotel and vendors. Another big draw of NEAF -- it was a chance for vendors/makers to compare notes in person - and meet the users in person. I remember iOptron asking me to 'sit in the back' for a short discussion because "this is the one place we get to meet our customers in person and discuss needs." I can also remember eating with, or having an evening beer with, some of the 'biggies' in the industry - plus friends from Europe, etc - not anything like the 'talking head virtual experience'.

The future of NEAF will depend on the future of covid -- like just about every big in-person event in the world. Otherwise - despite all the competition ( mostly failed ) and predictions that vendors would not come, and people would not come -- 2019 was the biggest ever -- and NEAIC 2019 sold out well in advance. Now we just need to wait and see what happens with covid before predicting the end of NEAF.

• galaxyman likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Accessories, Astrophotography, Beginner, Binoculars, Cassegrain, Equipment, Eyepieces, Star Party, Reflector, Refractor

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics