Wasted my 3-4 hours of clear sky on an ongoing issue with my ASImini120 and my ASI533.
This of course started after I switched from QHY cmos to my new AS533.
I thought it was just a USB issue. Nope!
Things I tried-
My original setup:
1 main USB from my garage PC to a 3.0 Hub :
2. ASI Mini guide cam
3. Mount EQ6R
- This setup has been working for me for months with QHY cam as main and my the ZWO mini as guiding, regardless which software running.
Last night I stopped imaging because as soon as the ASI533 started taking images and the ASImini guiding, the guide cam would freeze up. Or both freeze up along with NINA.
Changed it to this:
2 USB Main cables ASI 533 on a separate USB 3.0 cable. Disconnected the mount and focuser USB to avoid conflict issues and only deal with the cameras.
- Nope! won't work, one or both cameras would freeze up.
Next try, connect the ASI mini 120 to the hub of the ASI 533
- Nope! Won't work, one or both freeze up.
Next try. Disconnected the USB 3.0 hub, connected each and all equipment to the PC with their own USB cables.
- Nope! Won't work, one or both of the cameras would freeze up!
Next Try (I'm patient, but it's 1am now and I'm cold)
Wiped all the ASI ZWO software and drivers, including the ASCOM drivers for them, cleaned the registry, restarted the PC , installed all ZWO drivers + software +ASCOM drivers.
- Results: NOPE, still the same, cameras freeze up in NINA and tried APT as well as Sharpcap + PHD2.
As last resort, I removed the ASI120 guide cam and put in my old $40 SVBONY 103 eyepiece camera for guiding. Not a super fantastic camera but I guided with it previously back in January.
- BOOM, everything is working! I tried several connections scenarios, all working! I just connected to the ASI533's extra USB ports with a 10 inch USB cable, working just fine.
- I set everything back to my HUB version with one lead USB cable to my PC - Yep, it's all fine; guiding, imaging, whatever I want!
Someone, whoever is out there with 2 ZWO cameras, not sure how you do it. You must probably use some other software than Windows 10, or other configuration I haven't tried yet.
I just can't get 2 ZWO cameras working together, regardless of what USB or whatever else is connected or not.
Edited by unimatrix0, 04 April 2021 - 12:00 PM.