•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Some photos of Gold Basin

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Meteorite finder

Meteorite finder

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Las Vegas, NV

Posted 05 April 2021 - 07:24 PM

Hello all, sometimes it's a fun perspective when you can look at photos from areas that might be unfamiliar to you.

The first two photos are of the Gold Basin strewn field area from 2012 on the day after Christmas.

The next photo is of either some unlucky meteorite hunters or prospectors.  You drive right by this graveyard on Gregg's Hideout Rd. on the way to the strewn field area. Still the wild west out here.

Photo of actual meteorite finds from the same day.

The last photo is of my grandson and me at Stewart Valley dry lake.  He is all geared up with his homemade meteorite cane.  You can never start too early, lol.  Stewart Valley is a known strewn field on the border of Nevada and California Southeast of Death Valley.  I did find a small 3.3g specimen that day.   

Thanks for looking, sometimes, especially now, we need a little diversion from the grind.

Dave

thumbnail_Gold Basin 12-26-12 003.jpg thumbnail_Gold Basin 12-26-12 005.jpg thumbnail_Gold Basin 12-26-12 008.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0162.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• thumbnail_IMG_2386.jpg

• zjc26138, Glassthrower, Wisconsin Steve and 6 others like this

#2 Glassthrower

Glassthrower

Vendor - Galactic Stone & Ironworks

• Vendors
  • Loc: Oort Cloud 9

Posted 12 April 2021 - 09:04 AM

Nice pics. And your apprentice looks like he's off to a good start.  :)

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics