•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Stellarvue sv80 access

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 the apostol

the apostol

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 07 April 2021 - 06:36 AM

Hi all!

Is this scope totally discontinued? I have been dreaming about it, but dont find it anywhere... And I am using it mainly for visual astronomy.. 

And I am looking the model called "Access"

Thanks!

Edited by the apostol, 07 April 2021 - 06:38 AM.

#2 frankreed45

frankreed45

Explorer 1

• Loc: North Central Kentucky

Posted 07 April 2021 - 07:02 AM

Yes, it has been discontinued . All the Access models have been discontinued, which is a shame. I don't want to rub it in but I have the 80 mm and I love it. Watch the classifieds like a hawk and one will probably come up for sale but they sell quickly. Just my opinion but I think Stellarvue is making a huge mistake by building the high-end expensive scopes and basically catering to folks that are into astrophotography. There is a great demand for the less expensive but also high quality scopes like the Access scopes. 

• Moe24 and Knasal like this

#3 russell23

russell23

Voyager 1

• Loc: Upstate NY

Posted 07 April 2021 - 07:19 AM

Astronomics offers a similar scope but it is not yet in stock.  

• mrsjeff likes this

#4 cst4

cst4

Viking 1

Posted 07 April 2021 - 09:07 AM

As russel23 says above, Astronomics has their ASTRO-TECH AT80EDL which is pretty much the same optics I believe.  Out of stock though.  There are other brands that sold the same optics that were in the Access as well, like this one from TS Optics.  Just look for any doublet refractor that says it has FPL-53 or FCD-100 and lanthanum glass and it will likely be the same optics.  The differences would mainly be in build quality and focuser.

#5 rkelley8493

rkelley8493

Vanguard

• Loc: The Emerald Coast

Posted 07 April 2021 - 03:44 PM

The Access line of telescopes was discontinued about a year ago. The did have a short re-run with a limited supply, but they sold out fairly quick.

Here's a comparable item, TS-Optics 80mm f/7 doublet [FPL53 + Lanthanum]. Good quality and reasonably priced.

https://www.teleskop...-Objective.html

#6 Zamboni

Zamboni

Apollo

• Loc: Colorado Springs

Posted 07 April 2021 - 04:29 PM

This is the same scope with a different brand name, I believe:
https://www.altairas...cuser-469-p.asp

Definitely not. It's listed as using FPL-51. This is closer to the standard AT102ED.

#7 coopman

coopman

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: South Louisiana

Posted 08 April 2021 - 08:03 AM

OK, sorry, my bad.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics