•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Starpro 102 discontinued

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 AppeeG

AppeeG

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Orlando, FL

Posted 07 April 2021 - 01:37 PM

Wanted to scoop up an inexpensive starpro 102 and it has been discontinued in this size according to the B&H website. I'm too new at this to have been surprised this way before. I guess I'll hold out for the explore scientific refractor when I get more work down the road.

#2 jmillsbss

jmillsbss

Viking 1

• Loc: New Albany, Mississippi, USA

Posted 07 April 2021 - 01:44 PM

I think the StarPro line was discontinued and perhaps replaced by the Infinity line?

#3 gene 4181

gene 4181

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: n.e. ohio

Posted 07 April 2021 - 02:24 PM

Yeah that focal length  is going  F 6.5.     Explore Scientific still offers  that ratio but they cost more (AR) line up.

#4 Virtus

Virtus

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Coastal NC

Posted 07 April 2021 - 02:32 PM

The StarPro line is definitely newer than the Infinitys. First I've seen of that model being discontinued; they've been out of stock everywhere for a while.

I have the StarPro 90 and have been happy with it for the price; there is several threads discussing it in the beginner's forum:

https://www.cloudyni...s-any-thoughts/

#5 jmillsbss

jmillsbss

Viking 1

• Loc: New Albany, Mississippi, USA

Posted 08 April 2021 - 09:20 AM

The StarPro line is definitely newer than the Infinitys. First I've seen of that model being discontinued; they've been out of stock everywhere for a while.

I have the StarPro 90 and have been happy with it for the price; there is several threads discussing it in the beginner's forum:

https://www.cloudyni...s-any-thoughts/

Noted.  Thank you sir

#6 Jared b

Jared b

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 10 April 2021 - 05:49 PM

I saw the same thing, Highpoint showes it as out of stock and i just sent them an email asking if they think they will get more in stock. However I got my SW 8"dob from B&H because they seem to be more up front about when they will be expecting product. 

#7 Jared b

Jared b

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 12 April 2021 - 11:28 PM

This is the email I got back from Highpoint

"I'm happy to help. Unfortunately, it is not clear at this time when we will receive additional inventory for the Meade 102mm StarPro AZ Refractor - 234004 (SKU: MEA-234004). However, we're always happy to check the status of an item for you and provide any available updates. We also recommend checking the website frequently as we will update the stock status online as soon as we are able to."

Sounds like they intend to contiue to cary it. however it could just mean they don't know if they will ever get any more.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics