•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Cabelas INTENSITY 15x56 HD any experiences?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dougspeterson

dougspeterson

Surveyor 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: SANTA ANA, CA

Posted 08 April 2021 - 06:07 AM

https://www.ebay.com...4.m46890.l49286

#2 DeanD

DeanD

Messenger

• Loc: South Australia

Posted 08 April 2021 - 07:04 AM

I would be concerned about warranty: only 90 days for a new purchase, and this item doesn't specify anything about warranty.

They certainly wouldn't be better than your 15x56 DiamondbackHD's...

#3 dougspeterson

dougspeterson

Surveyor 1

• topic starter

Posted 08 April 2021 - 09:26 AM

This link was to an ebay open box at a hefty discount, Cabelas web site has warranty details.

I am often puzzled by opinions, I really only care for direct experiences. Have you compared the two visually? At face value Vortex does not equate HD with ED, but Cabelas does exactly that, so likely has better color correction.

#4 Jae

Jae

Apollo

• Loc: New England

Posted 09 April 2021 - 07:51 AM

Searching through the many reviews on Cabela‚Äôs, there are enough that bought the 15x56 and seem very impressed, enough to buy a second pair for family members.  Even those that own Swarovski are impressed for the money.

#5 dougspeterson

dougspeterson

Surveyor 1

• topic starter

Posted 09 April 2021 - 09:49 AM

I purchased a new sealed box pair, not the open box pair above, and will have on Tuesday, will report findings here.

• Jae likes this

#6 DeanD

DeanD

Messenger

• Loc: South Australia

Posted 10 April 2021 - 08:23 AM

This link was to an ebay open box at a hefty discount, Cabelas web site has warranty details.

I am often puzzled by opinions, I really only care for direct experiences. Have you compared the two visually? At face value Vortex does not equate HD with ED, but Cabelas does exactly that, so likely has better color correction.

Apologies for puzzling you. Only trying to help. I saw comments that Cabelas used to give life-time warranty, but now only offer 90 days.

I meant to say I would be pleasantly surprised if they are better than the Vortex's as my experience has been that you generally get what you pay for in optics. 

#7 dougspeterson

dougspeterson

Surveyor 1

• topic starter

Posted Today, 04:35 AM

Received. Will have optical tested tomorrow.

However cosmetics excellent, coatings and glass pristine and uniform. I can see looking backwards thru objectives that no clipping or vignetting, fully illuminated field decent. Taller than 12x56 Celestron, and Diamondback 15x56.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics