•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Weight of Explore Scientific FCD100-10207-01

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 slamdunk

slamdunk

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 08 April 2021 - 11:54 AM

Hello!!, I wanted to ask you if anyone has the explore scientific FCD100-10207-01 telescope and if can you tell me its real weight (I hope someone can weigh the telescope).

I have the doubt because in the specifications it indicates 5.4 kg (https://explorescien...s/ed102-fcd-100), but I have seen in some European pages a version that weighs 4 kg (https://www.astrocity.es/tubos-opticos/1799-tubo-ed102mm-apo-explore-scientific-aluminio.html) and the same characteristics are read, so I do not know if it is the same telescope.

Thanks!!!

#2 astrochaser

astrochaser

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Northern California

Posted 08 April 2021 - 12:25 PM

I don't have your model but I do have an FCD100-127CF and the published weight from Explore Scientific was only one once off their published weicht spec. The model you refer to should be very close to their specs.

#3 slamdunk

slamdunk

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 08 April 2021 - 04:28 PM

I don't have your model but I do have an FCD100-127CF and the published weight from Explore Scientific was only one once off their published weicht spec. The model you refer to should be very close to their specs.

Thanks friend, but i need the real weight of the FCD100-10207-01 which is 102mm diameter. I am quite on the edge of the maximum weight of my equatorial mount, so a difference of 1 kg is relevant to me

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics