•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Sharpcap Pro sensor analysis and ASI2600MM

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Martyk22

Martyk22

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Bergen County, NJ

Posted 08 April 2021 - 01:47 PM

Has anyone successfully run a sensor analysis of the 2600MM in Sharpcap Pro? I tried yesterday, using both the native and Ascom drivers and in each case I got through most of the test only to have it hang towards the end. Good waste of 2 hours.

I have had no other issues using the camera. 

#2 Jim Waters

Jim Waters

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA

Posted 08 April 2021 - 02:13 PM

I have an ASI2600MC Pro and Yes.  I have completed two successful runs.  You need to make sure the illumination isn't too bright (EDIT - or too dark).  Electronically there shouldn't be any difference between the two

Edited by Jim Waters, 08 April 2021 - 02:25 PM.

#3 Martyk22

Martyk22

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Bergen County, NJ

Posted 08 April 2021 - 04:50 PM

Hmm... I'm pretty sure the illumination was correct. As I said, it ran through most of the analysis without any issue, it was just towards the end that it stopped. I'm pretty sure the camera disconnected at that point too. I'll probably try it again but just wanted to see if anyone else has had any issues. 

#4 andysea

andysea

Aurora

• Loc: Seattle, WA

Posted 08 April 2021 - 05:26 PM

Yes I did. I am not sure if I still have the data but I will look for it. I remember it was linear to 99.7%, I thought that was a very good result.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics