•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

basic Ioptron AZ Mount Pro question

Mount
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MER

MER

Explorer 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Central, Ohio

Posted 08 April 2021 - 03:33 PM

I just got this mount and am pretty excited about it. It seems to align as it should (have not put a scope on it yet)

My question is about manual operation. How can I control both axes with the hand controller? In other words I want to drive the mount just like a normal Alt AZ but with power.

Example: I need to align my finder with the main OTA. I usually go to somewhere that I can find a object in the distance to focus on. This of course means that I have to be able to manipulate both axes.

Also it says the default slew speed is 64. Should this value be down graded for normal operation.

Sorry for the noob questions,

Thanks

#2 fftulip

fftulip

Lift Off

Posted 08 April 2021 - 03:45 PM

Just use the arrow keys to slew around the sky, and the number keys to change the slewing speed (the higher the number, the faster).

#3 biz

biz

Vendor

• Vendors
  • Loc: New Zealand

Posted 08 April 2021 - 03:59 PM

I just got this mount and am pretty excited about it. It seems to align as it should (have not put a scope on it yet)

My question is about manual operation. How can I control both axes with the hand controller? In other words I want to drive the mount just like a normal Alt AZ but with power.

Example: I need to align my finder with the main OTA. I usually go to somewhere that I can find a object in the distance to focus on. This of course means that I have to be able to manipulate both axes.

Also it says the default slew speed is 64. Should this value be down graded for normal operation.

Sorry for the noob questions,

Thanks

First put the mount into manual mode by pushing the back button just after the prompt on the controller shows after turn on. Once in manual mode you can navigate via the hand controller, the largest number nine being the fastest speed and back down the numbers to slow it.

Pressing the stop button will start and stop tracking. So basically you can use it as a manual mount as well.

And really don’t worry about noob questions , we all have to start from scratch with a new mount.

Have fun and enjoy.

cheers

Graham

Edited by biz, 08 April 2021 - 04:00 PM.

• clusterbuster likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mount

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics