•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

another try at imaging

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 billtootsuds

billtootsuds

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 10 April 2021 - 07:49 PM

hope anyone can help testing/trying new equipment zwo 178 mc I still can't stack  anything with autostaker to save my life. This image is not photoshoped  still trying to figure gimp  any help would be welcome. What color settings would I wand to use to get a sun color

Thanks all 

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled.gif

• peterm, MAURITS, hopskipson and 2 others like this

#2 rigel123

rigel123

Hubble

• Loc: SW Ohio

Posted 11 April 2021 - 06:55 AM

So some questions first.  You say you can’t stack anything in AUTOSTAKKERT so is this a stacked image?  Did you use any program after stacking to sharpen details such as Registax or ImPPG?  An image out of Autostakkert will be a bit soft before sharpening although this one looks like focus may have been a bit soft.  Have you watched any tutorials on capturing and processing solar images?  What is the equipment you are using?

#3 hopskipson

hopskipson

Gemini

• Loc: Queens, New Yawk, Light pollution Headquarters!

Posted 11 April 2021 - 02:12 PM

Try these 2 tutorials by Marty Wise

https://www.youtube....h?v=RJvJEoVS0oU

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

There are also plenty  of tutorials on using AS3!

#4 Scruffy-the-janitor

Scruffy-the-janitor

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Arizona

Posted 11 April 2021 - 02:44 PM

Are you taking individual images and stacking or videos? I use Autostakkert! to work with the videos of 500 frames and it does it all for me. Also using a MC camera on the sun through Ha might not be able to get the sun color. Usually a monochrome camera works best for the sun. I'm not a camera whiz but since color cameras have color receptors that are sensitive to only certain colors, and Ha is only pinkish, only the red receptors will be used, leaving you with 2/3 color receptors being unused so you're losing data and resolution. I use a ASI178MM and then add the color in post. I used Autostacker>imppg>gimp for my first year of solar imaging and had some pretty respectable results. unfortunately I cannot remember the color values I assigned to give it the "sun color" as I have moved to photoshop. but once again that would only work for a mono camera.

This is a FANTASTIC video that works through start of capturing to final processing the sun. 

https://www.youtube....mera

#5 billtootsuds

billtootsuds

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 12 April 2021 - 06:03 PM

This image is not stacked or photo shopped . Just one of the images from the 100 frames I took  yes I've watched the videos and tried all they do maybe garbage in garbage out. I do not have a mount that tracks yet lol on back order go figure.  Every time I try to stack I just get digitized garbage video or frames. Kind lost on the stacking but I do like some of the pics I get as is without processing. I only had this cam for 1 week still learning it's all good I live in fla so have plenty of sun to practice on :).

Thanks for all the input helps alot

Edited by billtootsuds, 12 April 2021 - 06:15 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics