•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Blending data from widely different image scales

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 pyrasanth

pyrasanth

Soyuz

• topic starter

Posted 11 April 2021 - 03:20 PM

I'm experimenting with combining data from the C14 at 0.2 arc secs per pixel and the RASA RGB at over 1.3 arc secs per pixel.

I've used the NGC3718 image as a test case and added 200 RASA RGB OSC captured images into the LUM data captured on the C14. I'm working around the challenges and finding this is possible with a little work. I reckon the best results would be from a mono very small pixel camera on the RASA and not use the OSC. It is food for thought- I could get away with an ASI2600 at a pinch and have the same sensor type per camera. 

I'm not worried by the colour at this stage- my OSC work is always- well- not very good.

The first Hybrid result is below- comments invited. The stars are a bit lumpy from the upscale but could be changed quite easily when I get new stars.

NGC3718_HYBRID2_CN.jpg

Edited by pyrasanth, 11 April 2021 - 03:22 PM.

• petert913 likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics