•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

How to show all Messier objects in Starry Night program?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 11 April 2021 - 06:19 PM

Hi,

I must be blind, but I simply cannot find a way to show all of the Messier objects on the Starry Night program.

The only way I can see them is if I search for each one individually.

I would like to see what will be up during the times I am available to observe, so I don't know what I need to search for. I am just looking to see everything appear in the program and I can evaluate what I can see based on that.

How can this be done with the Starry Night program?

Thanks!
Juggernaut

#2 astrohamp

astrohamp

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: Massachusetts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 10:15 PM

In my Starry Night Pro version (sn8.1) there is a search window upper right corner which I can enter "Messier" into.  The list of associated sky objects opens and all can be selected from the 'Observing Lists...' menu.

Those that are not visible to the displayed sky are greyed out yet will still be selected, and screen labeled when above the horizon.  Some other menu check items may be required.

• Cali likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics