Hey all I have been using Asi Air Pro, but have been watching all the livestreams and such of SharpCap and wanted to give it a go with my new laptop. For reference this has a 500gb SSD and a 1TB HDD. Couple questions on installation etc I'm sure these are dumb to those experienced. Mostly I want to try this for a couple reasons....Want a different autofocus routine or a couple options, as I am not getting crisp focus in AAP. Also wanted to do sigma clip on the livestack as I am getting lots of satellites recently (AAP doesn't have a way to eliminate subs as far as I know).
1) Where do I put all these programs....SSD is faster I know, but more room on HDD.
2) Do I need just ONE zwo camera driver, or one instance for each camera? Does this get installed in the same physical location as the sharpcap (SSD vs HDD)
3) I need ASCOM and EQASCOM drivers or programs correct (eq6r-pro mount)? Again, does these go in the same place as others?
4) Then I will need phd2 and some form of polar alignment i suppose (I realize SCP has a polar alignment built in and $10 is a good deal)
5) All the items on the scope can connect to a powered USB3 hub, and then single USB3 cable to the laptop? I won't be doing a scope side NUC unless this setup is way better than what I am currently doing
6) ZWO site says no need for driver for the EAF, not sure if anyone had other experience.
Thanks, any other tips on getting running would be helpful. Watched a recent video on Cuiv setting up a nuc. That got me going in right direction.