•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

OAG for SCT

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 moonrider

moonrider

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Murphy, NC

Posted 11 April 2021 - 10:38 PM

I have decided to go with OAG for my Celestron 9.25. That said, with my ASI 290mm mini guide camera, my question with the Celestron OAG almost unobtainable, is there any other manufacturer that makes a OAG with a larger (than 8mm) prism? Like maybe a 10mm? I don't think that the 8mm type used by many of the others(ZWO, QHY, others will be too small for PHD2 multi-star. Any thoughts? I should include that I want to stay with the T2 42mm size. 

#2 KTAZ

KTAZ

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Scottsdale, AZ

Posted 11 April 2021 - 10:43 PM

I have decided to go with OAG for my Celestron 9.25. That said, with my ASI 290mm mini guide camera, my question with the Celestron OAG almost unobtainable, is there any other manufacturer that makes a OAG with a larger (than 8mm) prism? Like maybe a 10mm? I don't think that the 8mm type used by many of the others(ZWO, QHY, others will be too small for PHD2 multi-star. Any thoughts? I should include that I want to stay with the T2 42mm size. 

Not to my knowledge. Just be patient and keep watching the classifieds, they show up here every 30 days or so.

Nice avatar, BTW...grin.gif

Edited by KTAZ, 11 April 2021 - 10:44 PM.

• moonrider likes this

#3 nemo129

nemo129

Gemini

• Loc: WMass

Posted 12 April 2021 - 06:18 AM

There is the Optec Sagita with a 12.5mm x 12.5mm pickoff mirror, but it is very expensive at $695 for the manual version or $895 for the motorized version (plus a control box) and you will likely have to wait for one to be made, but it is another option. I use the Celestron OAG  with the ZWO ASI174 mini and it works great with my EdgeHD 1100. I had looked at Optec, but their Sagitta is thicker than the COAG and obviously the price is much higher. I would encourage you to hang on as suggested above and look for a used unit or hope Celestron starts to ship them soon.

• moonrider likes this

#4 moonrider

moonrider

Viking 1

• topic starter

Posted 12 April 2021 - 08:55 AM

Not to my knowledge. Just be patient and keep watching the classifieds, they show up here every 30 days or so.

Nice avatar, BTW...grin.gif

Patience, fortunately I have that going for me.

Your avatar is nice as well!

#5 moonrider

moonrider

Viking 1

• topic starter

Posted 12 April 2021 - 08:56 AM

There is the Optec Sagita with a 12.5mm x 12.5mm pickoff mirror, but it is very expensive at $695 for the manual version or $895 for the motorized version (plus a control box) and you will likely have to wait for one to be made, but it is another option. I use the Celestron OAG  with the ZWO ASI174 mini and it works great with my EdgeHD 1100. I had looked at Optec, but their Sagitta is thicker than the COAG and obviously the price is much higher. I would encourage you to hang on as suggested above and look for a used unit or hope Celestron starts to ship them soon.

Eeeeech! Well I am just going to have to wait and see what shows up.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics