•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Canon EOS R with Star Adventurer 2i

Astrophotography Beginner DSLR Equipment Imaging
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Tartarrsauce

Tartarrsauce

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Wakayama, Japan

Posted 12 April 2021 - 08:48 AM

Hello all, 

I recently purchased the Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer 2i and I'm loving it. It's a great little travel tracker. I'm currently using it with my old Canon 600D, but am interested in upgrading to the EOS Ra or a modified EOS R. The only thing I'm wondering about is whether or not I could control the shutter release from the SA Control app. I really like the option for dithering within the app, but I wouldn't be able to access this function if I used an outside shutter release system. Has anyone had success with using the Canon EOS R with the built-in SNAP feature of the Star Adventurer 2i? The camera is not listed in the manual, so I'm not getting my hopes up that it would work. 

Any information will help me make my next purchase. 

Thank you 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Astrophotography, Beginner, DSLR, Equipment, Imaging

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics