•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

EKOS (Mac) with ASI462MC and Celestron Focus Motor

CCD Equipment Software
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 datchley

datchley

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 12 April 2021 - 01:38 PM

I have a ZWO ASI462MC and CGX + Edge HD 11". I'm using a Mac laptop and controlling everything through KStars/EKOS, but I'm having the hardest time getting the camera to give me a picture.

I've downloaded the ASI software and connecting the camera directly to laptop with the eye piece it comes with I can get a good picture playing around with the gain and exposure time.  But, trying to put the same numbers into EKOS (which says it sees and connects to the camera fine) just gives me back staticky looking images (nothing visible at all).

Is there something I'm doing wrong on the settings for EKOS on the camera? (doing RAW 16bit, 1x1 binning, and playing with the gain/exposure time). Any help is appreciated, as it's hard to find anything specific online (I've hit the INDI forums and elsewhere and people seem to be using it with EKOS, both on Astroberry and Stellarmate+).

Also, do you know if it's possible to have EKOS control the Celestron Focus Motor I have? It is supposed to support that but isn't connecting.

Mac OS X (Big Sur)
KStars v3.5.2 Stable

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CCD, Equipment, Software

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics