•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

NINA not guiding with guide camera.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 goodeye

goodeye

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 12 April 2021 - 05:07 PM

I'm new to astrophotography (6 weeks or so). I have been using my WO Z61 II with WO guide scope and ZWO ASI120S MM camera on a Ioptron Skyguider Pro using a mirrorless Fuji camera. I use PHD2 for guiding and I have had zero problems. Tracks dead on.. I just purchased a ASI294MC-pro to replace the Fuji. Everything else remains the same (hardware). I jumped into NINA because now I need something to control the 294 camera. I setup NINA per Cuiz (mainly) and a couple other YouTube videos. Everything seems to work, I have even captured a few images (i.e backfocus is OK). My biggest issue is that I cannot get PHD2 to use the 120MM guide camera for guiding. It ALWAYS defaults to the main imaging camera for guiding. When I was using the Fuji camera and only had the one 120MM guide camera I never had a single issue. This happens if I start guiding through NINA or if I start guiding directly through PHD. The drivers are current and show up correctly in both NINA and PHD and also in device manager on my laptop. I also have the ASCOM stuff installed. I have the server enabled in PHD. Can't figure out what I have set wrong to where the guide camera just isn't being recognized now..

#2 Forward Scatter

Forward Scatter

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Wandering the PNW

Posted 12 April 2021 - 05:23 PM

Welcome to CN and AP!

I just had the same guidescope connectivity issue with NINA recently. Swapped out the USB cable and voila! No more problemo. 

Are you using the ST4 or USB?

Looking forward to your images!

Cheers, 

J

#3 spereira

spereira

Fly Me to the Moon

• Moderators
  • Loc: Bedford, NH

Posted 12 April 2021 - 05:32 PM

Moving to Beginning Deep Sky Imaging.

smp

#4 goodeye

goodeye

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 12 April 2021 - 05:39 PM

Welcome to CN and AP!

I just had the same guidescope connectivity issue with NINA recently. Swapped out the USB cable and voila! No more problemo. 

Are you using the ST4 or USB?

Looking forward to your images!

Cheers, 

J

I'm using both cables. ST4 from the guide camera to the Skyguider and a short ZWO supplied 'jumper' USB cable from the guide cam to the imaging cam and then a ZWO supplied USB cable from the imaging cam to my laptop. The main USB cable is what I used with the mirrorless setup so I feel like it's ok. I have another 'jumper' USB cable I can try next time out..

#5 cybermayberry

cybermayberry

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 12 April 2021 - 08:12 PM

Create a new hardware profile in PHD2.

Sounds like that where your issue is, it's defaulting to the new camera not the guide camera if I am following you correctly.

This issue is in PHD2 not in nina

• dswtan likes this

#6 goodeye

goodeye

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 12 April 2021 - 08:17 PM

Create a new hardware profile in PHD2.

Sounds like that where your issue is, it's defaulting to the new camera not the guide camera if I am following you correctly.

This issue is in PHD2 not in nina

Yes, it's defaulting to the new camera. I did not make a new PHD2 profile. I'll do that and see what happens..

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics