•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Askar FRA400 or else?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto

Fly Me to the Moon

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Ajman - UAE

Posted 12 April 2021 - 05:31 PM

Hi all,

Finally my scope the triplet arrived few days ago and pity i went to pick it up with big payment fees for customs duty + VAT, i was cheated or shocked that it came via FedEx and i never chose this shipping, the site i ordered from they chose it for me, i chose UPS Express one, so it is like i paid twice for shipping now, because it was as expensive this fees as the shipping with UPS anyway, i don't know if a complain will fix it or it is too late. frown.gifmad.gif

Now i am left with the second scope to buy next to this one, definitely i will never buy this same scope and not from the same site, so after long search i saw that Askar FRA400 is the best match for this scope using the reducer, 0.7x with Askar and 0.65x with TS 90 triplet, one with APS-C and the other is with 4/3", i won't care about sampling or scaling at all here, both scopes and cameras are nice great quality enough, and processing will do the job later.

Because i always like to ask and research, i want to see if this Askar FRA400 is a good choice and idea or not, what do you think? If you have another opinion, please let me know, but don't make it like my idea is completely wrong/impossible and yours is the only correct possible one.

The next purchase will be the camera, OSC APS-C, so the second scope will be a second plan, just want to make sure if i should go with it or think another options, this 90 will be with APS-C OSC camera [RGB], the second scope will be with one of the three 4/3" mono cameras [Narrowbanding and Lum/LP].

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics