•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Waiting on new camera adapters, stuck processing OSC data.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lucas.Maguire

Lucas.Maguire

Mariner 2

• topic starter
  • Loc: Rhode Island

Posted 13 April 2021 - 07:37 AM

Welp, I've been waiting on receiving an adapter that works with my imaging train for my new QHY183M, so I haven't really done anything deep sky related in about 3 weeks tonofbricks.gif

I recently got a new desktop computer and figured I'd give Pixinsight and Photoshop a run and noticed an increase of speed when compared to running it on my laptop. (keeping in mind my laptop is a bit of a workhorse as it is... so I think). I was pleasantly surprised with the PC, due to the fact I didn't build it myself. It financially made more sense to buy a pre-built than deal with the uptick in PC part prices. blackeye.gif

So.. Here is a cropped M66 from my Leo Triplet OSC data taken with my old ASI533MC-Pro using the Optolong L-Pro

You can see the full resolution and details on my Astrobin page.

Thanks for looking!

Clear Skies!- Luc

Attached Thumbnails

• Shared from Lightroom mobile.jpg

• pyrasanth, marsbase and Pelayo like this

#2 pyrasanth

pyrasanth

Skylab

Posted 13 April 2021 - 08:37 AM

That's a good start for M66. The stars are a bit miss shaped- perhaps worth looking at your guiding. The background is also heavily clipped so you may wish to lift the levels a bit to show more of the faint edges of M66.

I had a go at this target with the C14- https://www.astrobin.../full/hfmuj2/0/ worth a look.

• Lucas.Maguire likes this

#3 Lucas.Maguire

Lucas.Maguire

Mariner 2

• topic starter

Posted 13 April 2021 - 08:55 AM

That's a good start for M66. The stars are a bit miss shaped- perhaps worth looking at your guiding. The background is also heavily clipped so you may wish to lift the levels a bit to show more of the faint edges of M66.

I had a go at this target with the C14- https://www.astrobin.../full/hfmuj2/0/ worth a look.

Thanks for your critique!

I believe I had just gotten my EQ6R- pro at the time so I believe this was the first light with it. I had similar shaped stars with my AVX so I think there is either tilt or I have pinched optics in my refractor somewhere. as far as the background I didn't have enough integration time as I'd like and I couldn't seem to remove some of the gradients from lack of or miss calibration of light frames so it looked better clipped a tad.

#4 pyrasanth

pyrasanth

Skylab

Posted 13 April 2021 - 10:09 AM

Post one of your raw subs and the camera used with bin level and telescope focal length and I can run the image through CCD inspector to see where the issue most probably lies with your optics.

• Lucas.Maguire likes this

#5 Lucas.Maguire

Lucas.Maguire

Mariner 2

• topic starter

Posted 13 April 2021 - 12:10 PM

Post one of your raw subs and the camera used with bin level and telescope focal length and I can run the image through CCD inspector to see where the issue most probably lies with your optics.

Will do! I'm out of work at 4 so it'll be a bit before I get it. TIFF file I'm assuming?

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics