•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Reducer for Edge8 SCT

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cfreerksen

Cfreerksen

Apollo

• topic starter
  • Loc: Tooele, Ut

Posted 13 April 2021 - 10:20 AM

I was wondering if anyone can give their opinion and options for a reducer for the above scope. I have the Celestron "dedicated" .7 reducer but would like to find something higher quality. I am noticing CA around brighter stars in my images. What is out there that would fit my application and desire for better performance?

Attached is the latest pic of the Needle Galaxy and as you can see I get a bit of red and blue that seems to be angled directionally to the center of the image.

Chris

Attached Thumbnails

• NeedleFirst_go_DBE.jpg

#2 Maritime

Maritime

Viking 1

Posted 13 April 2021 - 10:43 AM

Sending pm. 

#3 gundark

gundark

Viking 1

• Loc: Southern California

Posted 14 April 2021 - 04:52 AM

You have fewer artifacts than I did with my Edge 8 and Celestron 0.7x reducer. I’m curious about what alternatives you find.

#4 AlienRatDog

AlienRatDog

Gemini

• Loc: Ann Arbor

Posted 14 April 2021 - 06:04 AM

I’m curious as well. What about the Lepus Telecompressors? https://optecinc.com...lepus/index.htm

I wonder how they work with an APS-C sized sensor...

(Nice pic btw!)

Edited by AlienRatDog, 14 April 2021 - 06:04 AM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics