•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Electronic Focuser for Vintage C8

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 acat

acat

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Boulder, Colorado

Posted 13 April 2021 - 03:27 PM

I have an old Celestron C8 that according to the C8 registry was likely made in the mid 1980's. I've deforked it and put it on a Sky Watcher GoTo mount, added a cooled camera and OAG. However,  I've been frustrated by the lack of computerized focus solutions for the scope but recently have been in touch with Pegasus, based in Athens, Greece who make several focusing motors that are sold in the US. They asked for and received from me drawings & dimensions of the focusing assembly of the scope and for a modest fee, are making a custom pulley for the motor, a  PEG-FCZERO-SCT68925. I hope to have all the parts assembled and test the result in a few weeks. I thought I'd mention this in case someone else has a similar need.

• Borodog likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics