•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Monochrome filter sizes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jatneums

jatneums

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 13 April 2021 - 05:12 PM

First post, but I have been trying to scour the forums for the answer with no luck.  I'm looking to potentially get one of the ZWO1600MM bundles, but I'm confused with the differences in cost for different sized filters and what would be appropriate for my equipment.

I have the Radian Raptor 61mm/275mm FL. I've been getting the 2" dual-band filters like the Optolong L-Pro and L-Enhance and using the stock filter drawer it came with, so would I need 31mm or 36mm? I'm assuming the adapters that come with the ZWO1600MM would fit either way. So do the filter sizes just change the resolution or FOV that I'd be capable of capturing with that sensor?

Thank you all so much in advance.

#2 jonnybravo0311

jonnybravo0311

Surveyor 1

• Loc: NJ, US

Posted 13 April 2021 - 07:00 PM

Welcome to CN!

The 1.25" filters are fine for the 1600 with a raptor. If you want, you could go a size up and get the 31mm. There's absolutely no need for the 36mm or larger filters, unless you're buying that kit because you're planning to upgrade the camera to an APS-C sensor (like the ASI2600MM Pro).

Edited by jonnybravo0311, 13 April 2021 - 07:00 PM.

• Stelios and Cfreerksen like this

#3 jatneums

jatneums

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 13 April 2021 - 09:01 PM

Awesome. Thanks for the info

#4 Cfreerksen

Cfreerksen

Apollo

• Loc: Tooele, Ut

Posted 13 April 2021 - 11:08 PM

I see you have your answer but in the future this site can answer a lot of questions on calculations. A must for astrophotography.

https://astronomy.tools/

Chris

• jonnybravo0311 likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics