•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

powerseeker threading

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rob1986

rob1986

Messenger

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 14 April 2021 - 11:50 PM

just noticed that the threads are interior. arrg. still, the OD is the same as an 8 inch SCT. any ideas for getting an sct two inch diagonal on it?

this is crazy but my math tells me the threads on the back of the poweseeker 80 are the same as standard sct threading. anyone upvto trying it? the main beneft would be threading 2" od diagonal without the hastle of finding a bigger visual back with long enough backfocus.

edit: we're discussing synta's 86mm visual back. I'm pretty sure orion uses it on their 90 and st 80, and I'll bet the f5 first scopes use it, and given the quality of the visualback (which is the only part of the scope whose quality is matched to the doublet and the tubing itself) i'm assuming it is the same as used on the astromaster series.

edit the OD is 42mm, the same, as far as I know, remember, and can verify, as the standard meade/celestron SCT threads,

Edited by rob1986, 15 April 2021 - 02:30 AM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics