•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Focal Reducer with Meade LX50 and a DSLR

Astrophotography Beginner DSLR Meade SCT
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Dovakun

Dovakun

Explorer 1

• topic starter

Posted 15 April 2021 - 02:53 PM

I was invited to visit a campground this summer where the owners bought an Meade LX50 10". They want to connect a DSLR to it to be able to take images deep sky objects. I told them they need the T-Ring and T-Mount for the specific DSLR they want to use but at F10 and a Alt AZ mount, I'm thinking they are going to want a reducer to gather light a bit faster. Does anyone have examples of an imaging train with the Meade LX50 and a DSLR? I would typically see what people are using on Astrobin but this scope does not seem to be very popular for imaging lol. I suspect the people wanting to use this scope will be doing more EAA than astrophotography but these guys are very very new so they may not be fully aware of what we can do with fast scopes, EQ mounts and a modified or astronomical camera.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks! smile.gif

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Astrophotography, Beginner, DSLR, Meade, SCT

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics