•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Recent interactions with Babak at NexDome?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#26 jfaldo

jfaldo

Ranger 4

• Loc: Middle of No Where, Wy

Posted 13 July 2021 - 10:04 PM

Oh and the fun continuesbawling.gif

• Omeganon likes this

#27 Omeganon

Omeganon

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Joelton, TN

Posted 14 July 2021 - 08:49 AM

This is from the facebook group called We love our nexdome observatories! 

I know some of you have received a bill from FedEx about the customs duties/tax. What you need to do is email FedEx at this email address: dutytaxdisputes@fedex.com you also need to attach the CUSMA form that was attached to your shipment. Usually that is missed. Also put the tracking number from the shipment in the email. NexDome pays all the fees/taxes so you do not have too. It does take time. From when I sent the email to when it got cleared up was a couple months.   

This post was from another member on the facebook group.

Hope this helps

Don

Looks like it’s _not_ this. Just called and it looks like a standard process for large shipments. No payment expected and customs should clear the shipment 24-48 hours after receiving the form. Once cleared, it’s usually delivered the next day. She said probably delivered tomorrow but I’m taking that with a huge grain of salt =)

Edited by Omeganon, 14 July 2021 - 08:50 AM.

#28 jfaldo

jfaldo

Ranger 4

Posted 14 July 2021 - 11:07 PM

Well that's good news. I was thinking 2 months in customs would suck.

• Omeganon likes this

#29 Omeganon

Omeganon

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 17 July 2021 - 07:43 PM

And finally have hands on after 3 days of FedEx not being able to find my house. It was definitely well packaged. 

Nexdome shipment

• darksolstice and PeteM like this

#30 Don1957

Don1957

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 17 July 2021 - 08:52 PM

And finally have hands on after 3 days of FedEx not being able to find my house. It was definitely well packaged. 

congratulations 

#31 jfaldo

jfaldo

Ranger 4

Posted 17 July 2021 - 08:53 PM

WooHoo, keep us in your install loop. Looking forward to you're build.

#32 jfaldo

jfaldo

Ranger 4

Posted 26 August 2021 - 09:42 PM

Got the emails from Eva today. Payment due and it's ready to ship. Going to beat winter after all it looks like.

• Omeganon likes this

#33 SimonApofus

SimonApofus

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 24 September 2021 - 09:11 AM

Omeganon,

Enjoyed reading about your experience with purchasing your NexDome.    You left us all hanging by not telling us about your "unboxing" and "setup" experiences?    Condition of boxed panels and did you get all the needed parts?

• Omeganon likes this

#34 Omeganon

Omeganon

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 24 September 2021 - 11:47 AM

Omeganon,

Enjoyed reading about your experience with purchasing your NexDome.    You left us all hanging by not telling us about your "unboxing" and "setup" experiences?    Condition of boxed panels and did you get all the needed parts?

Thanks for asking.... More details here: https://www.cloudyni...-zoo-build-log/

Edited by Omeganon, 24 September 2021 - 11:47 AM.

#35 jfaldo

jfaldo

Ranger 4

Posted 05 October 2021 - 08:13 PM

Mine finally shipped today. Was beginning to wonder if I would ever see this day.

• Omeganon likes this

#36 wildel

wildel

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 06 October 2021 - 08:26 PM

Our experience with Nexdome has been horrid. Many promises of shipping next week.. But next week never comes. The observatory was ordered early March 2021, told 3-4 months.. In August.. In the next week, fingers crossed.. Waiting, no shipment. Then finally.. Shipment will be week of September 20th, 2021. Oops, that passed too. Reality, they are good at promising but never following through.
Don't waste your time waiting as tomorrow or next week never comes. Not to be trusted!

#37 jfaldo

jfaldo

Ranger 4

Posted 07 October 2021 - 07:44 AM

Mine is actually in Memphis and now there's a paperwork problem that will not let it proceed. It definitely has been a trying experience. I'm giving the folks at NexDome somewhat of a pass on all this. I think they were trying to give customers a time line but were still at the mercy of their suppliers. I think we better get used to this with everything in the future, appears this is going to be the new norm unfortunately.

#38 ssa2294

ssa2294

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 07 October 2021 - 08:30 AM

Our experience with Nexdome has been horrid. Many promises of shipping next week.. But next week never comes. The observatory was ordered early March 2021, told 3-4 months.. In August.. In the next week, fingers crossed.. Waiting, no shipment. Then finally.. Shipment will be week of September 20th, 2021. Oops, that passed too. Reality, they are good at promising but never following through.
Don't waste your time waiting as tomorrow or next week never comes. Not to be trusted!

This is disheartening to read at the least. Frustrating the options we have available. I had wanted to get something on order in a month or two. Now questioning whether to go with Nexdome or SkyPod. While I would prefer to have something I could remotely open/close, right now anything is a step up from just hauling and setting up everything each night.

I think Losmandy are one dealing with delays, backlogs, supply chains the correct way. Right off the bat they will state there was a 8-12 week back order. Via their Youtube channel they updated the community on lead times. When they call you to tell you they are shipping, they actually are shipping. I got my mount in 8 weeks, so I wonder if they are adding in an extra cushion window. Ultimately they communicate so we have realistic expectations. 

Sad irony that Exploradome is 30 minute drive from where I live, but I just can not justify the cost of their dome.

#39 Omeganon

Omeganon

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 07 October 2021 - 11:07 AM

Mine is actually in Memphis and now there's a paperwork problem that will not let it proceed. It definitely has been a trying experience. I'm giving the folks at NexDome somewhat of a pass on all this. I think they were trying to give customers a time line but were still at the mercy of their suppliers. I think we better get used to this with everything in the future, appears this is going to be the new norm unfortunately.

If yours is like mine, Fedex sent you some paperwork to fill out and return to them (via email). A day or so after they receive that back it should be processed and released.

#40 jfaldo

jfaldo

Ranger 4

Posted 07 October 2021 - 05:12 PM

Yes that's correct. Just an FYI to anyone here in the states ordering from NexDome you definitely need to fill out CBP Form 5106 before you're order can proceed through customs.

#41 jfaldo

jfaldo

Ranger 4

Posted 12 October 2021 - 02:34 PM

Well my dome arrived perfectly timed to Wyoming's first major snow storm.20211012_075709.jpg

• Omeganon likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics