•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Orion Scopes Back on Amazon

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sojourneyer

sojourneyer

Apollo

• topic starter

Posted 16 April 2021 - 01:52 PM

For about the past 6 or more months only Celestron had a minuscule number of scopes and other items for sale on Amazon and they were limited in number and frequency.  Meade and Orion telescopes were not being offered. 

Today Orion scopes can now be found on Amazon.  It appears that production is now moving steadily around at Orion which is good for the public. 

I wonder if Explore Scientific production starts churning out more scopes.

Edited by sojourneyer, 16 April 2021 - 03:37 PM.

• teashea likes this

#2 RSersen

RSersen

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Hanover, PA

Posted 16 April 2021 - 02:02 PM

Looks like most of the in-stock dates for Amazon listings are late April through May, which is pretty much in-line with expected ship dates on telescope.com. Still, very good news, they must be more optimistic about getting caught-up if they're willing to re-list.

I've had an XT10i on backorder since mid-March. The expected ship date was 4/22, but I was not very optimistic given the other wait times I've read about here. But now...fingers crossed.

(Also, pre-emptive apology to those in central PA who will be cursed with two weeks of clouds whenever it does arrive.)

• sojourneyer likes this

#3 David I

David I

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Illinois

Posted 16 April 2021 - 02:28 PM

YAY!

elephant.gif elephant.gif elephant.gif

hamsterdance.gif hamsterdance.gif hamsterdance.gif

#4 Jim Waters

Jim Waters

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA

Posted 16 April 2021 - 02:29 PM

waytogo.gif

#5 teashea

teashea

Apollo

• Loc: Lincoln, Nebraska, USA

Posted 16 April 2021 - 06:48 PM

For about the past 6 or more months only Celestron had a minuscule number of scopes and other items for sale on Amazon and they were limited in number and frequency.  Meade and Orion telescopes were not being offered. 

Today Orion scopes can now be found on Amazon.  It appears that production is now moving steadily around at Orion which is good for the public. 

I wonder if Explore Scientific production starts churning out more scopes.

That is very encouraging.

#6 alphatripleplus

alphatripleplus

World Controller

• Moderators
  • Loc: Georgia

Posted 17 April 2021 - 11:25 AM

I had not noticed Orion's absence on Amazon, but thanks for the info that they are back.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics