•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

iCPWI - CGX - PHD2: Issue when resuming guiding after meridian flip

Celestron
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Ddaniel84

Ddaniel84

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Carpentras (France)

Posted 17 April 2021 - 08:39 AM

This may sound like a guiding problem, but PHD2 support, after many log scans, sends me here.
Here is the problem encountered: I use a CGX, CPWI and PHD2, in their latest versions (beta). Guiding is excellent, but once the flip is performed (manually or via NINA), PHD2 quickly loses guiding control. It is then necessary to recalibrate PHD2, and everything came back OK. The option "invert the DEC output after the flip" is indeed active. The calibration of the meridian flip is very bad (orthogonality error of 78 °). I obviously reviewed the wiring to make sure there is no blockage. If I redo a normal calibration of PHD2 after the flip (orthogonality remains excellent), the guiding becomes excellent again.
Am I the only one in this situation? I admit I don't understand where the problem is .. and PHD2 support tells me that thousands of users have no problem with this! Suffice to say that he kicks in touch.

Thank you for your help,
Dominique

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Celestron

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics