•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Issue with Starnet++

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Stephanh

Stephanh

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 17 April 2021 - 09:53 AM

I am trying to run an image through Starnet++.  The program goes to 100% and closes but no starless image is generated.   

While it is running, there is that weird message generated in the DOS message box.

I have run it successfully before so I know it works but not with this last image.

Anyone has an idea what the problem could be? 

Attached Thumbnails

• starnet++ isue.jpg

#2 Pete_xl

Pete_xl

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Germany

Posted 17 April 2021 - 10:27 AM

I think I once had this message when I fed starnet++ with a PS tif file that contained layers. I saved it again from Lightroom as a normal tif and it then worked fine

#3 Stephanh

Stephanh

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 17 April 2021 - 11:25 AM

There are no layers in the image.  I even merged everything and then saved as a tiff file; same result.

#4 pfile

pfile

Fly Me to the Moon

• -----

Posted 17 April 2021 - 02:41 PM

there is a warning there from libtiff about the incompatible type in that RichTIFFIPTC tag... can you save the file in such a way that no IPTC tags are generated?

rob

#5 Stephanh

Stephanh

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 17 April 2021 - 03:01 PM

I saw the warning but do not understand it. I saved the file the same way I have saved all previous ones that worked.

#6 Pete_xl

Pete_xl

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Germany

Posted 18 April 2021 - 10:01 AM

I just saw the same message when starnet++ was processing a tif file that was saved from PS. I loaded it into LR and saved it as an sRGB tif. Starnet++ processed it without problems.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics