•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

M81 Improving in PI

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 khursh

khursh

Viking 1

• ****-
  • topic starter

Posted 17 April 2021 - 11:02 AM

Thanks to JonnyBravo, I have a logical starting point for Mono imaging with the ASI294MM. I went back and salvaged my M81 with some new data, which unfortunately means a heavy crop. I did dither/drizzle for what it's worth and deconvolution of course on my lum channel. I gathered a LOT (for me) data, but wound up using a small fraction due to retakes and just bad subs. I processed around 8.5 hours of data out of 13 or so taken. As some people have noted on this camera, flats are picky so my original red and green were unusable which amounted to 4 hours of data. I am posting this image because this almost made me sell the camera. It was my white whale. I have a feeling many of us have celestial objects that seem to conspire against our wishes to be imaged by us simple primates on a tiny planet, circling an average star in a run of the mill galaxy. Here I go getting philosophical, when what we really want is images!

Here you go. Details within:

get.jpg?insecure

• dswtan, mikewayne3, Dereksc and 5 others like this

#2 jonnybravo0311

jonnybravo0311

Surveyor 1

• Loc: NJ, US

Posted 17 April 2021 - 11:53 AM

Looking good, Kevin!

Also, your username on Astrobin is fantastic :)

#3 khursh

khursh

Viking 1

• ****-
  • topic starter

Posted 17 April 2021 - 11:57 AM

I should really change my signature quote to, "They mostly come at night, mostly"

• dswtan, Stellar1 and jonnybravo0311 like this

#4 Stellar1

Stellar1

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Posted 17 April 2021 - 12:06 PM

Great image! funny how I also fist pumped when I saw your username! it is my Gmail address lol.

"why don't you put her in charge!"

Edited by Stellar1, 17 April 2021 - 12:08 PM.

• jonnybravo0311 likes this

#5 khursh

khursh

Viking 1

• ****-
  • topic starter

Posted 17 April 2021 - 12:18 PM

Game over man, Game over! I actually miss Bill Paxton.

• dswtan and Stellar1 like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics